What licence concessions?

pophops

Featured Posts

• 1 month later...

Because not all of us are sitting on £600- £1k in the bank that we can pay out in one lump sum!

Perhaps to gain the discount in future, a dd or standing order for the amounts into a savings account - then come the renewal letter pay in full using the money saved. Could do the same for all large bills connected - whilst interest gained is minimal at best - you could save a few pennies if discounts are on offer for "prompt" payment.

There should be no concessions licensing needs a major sort out there are lots of problems with the system at present .

I agree, but the effect will be late payment by loads of boaters.

When I kept my boat on the Thames my Gold licence was due on 1st Jan. With no licence pre-payment discount I rarely got around to sending off my licence cheque until the river was useable again (after winter red and yellow boards), generally in about March.

MtB

Perhaps to gain the discount in future, a dd or standing order for the amounts into a savings account - then come the renewal letter pay in full using the money saved. Could do the same for all large bills connected - whilst interest gained is minimal at best - you could save a few pennies if discounts are on offer for "prompt" payment.

That doesn't answer the issue already raised that you are having to find the money in advance, it's the same money even if it is in small doses.

Tim

Maybe if someone from C&RT is reading this thread they could answer some of the questions posted. eg why DD can't enjoy a discount like most utility providers, How do they justify charging late payment fee of £150, which they claim is to cover the admin.

Re discount for the elderly and students, if its your only residence, I do believe that there was a thread some months back saying that housing benefit could be claimed, which in effect offsets your running costs.

I was surprised that discount is only given on a butty over 50ft, surely there are lots of butties less than that, or am I missing something.

When you are entitled to housing benefits ( you will not get 100% ) they pay Mooring and licence fees, or if not in a mooring then licence fee whilst in their council area re claim as you move around something that CC association should be fighting for CMers will be alright as they stay in council area.

Slightlysmiley_offtopic.gif but regarding housing benefits and the so called "bedroom tax".

The situation is that if you have an extra room beyond your estimated requirements, your benefit gets cut.

However, in the contrary case, if you are living in accommodation with too few rooms, would you get an increase in benefit to compensate, I don't think so. You would most likely just be told that you can be re-housed when available. This is not "Robbing Peter to pay Paul" as the government would at a pinch, like us to believe, but simply "Robbing Peter" and increasing the waiting list of "Paul's"