What's the difference

wandering snail

Featured Posts

I had an SR3...air cooled. As long as you keep the air flowing nicely, you should have no problems. I kept the side hatches open as well as the back cabin doors...to let all that hot air out....nice in winter too....good for drying clothing etc.

Have just trawled through the Lister threads. It seems it may be an SR3 cos the current owner says it's 20hp, as does the survey but the engine number incudes ST3 in it so now totally confused. Thanks Dean, sadly this is under a cruiser stern rather than a lovely engine room so a lot more difficult to open it up without falling in!

I shall take this one off topic. Was it you moored up with another narrowboat on Arembergerweg between Zwarsluis and Beulakerwijde probably June/July?

Lister SR and ST have been used in many boats over the years including on rivers, not sparkling performance but are you going to be running red boards anyway?

Edited by Jim Evans

Probably the quickest way to determine which engine it is at a glance is by just lifting the engine cover and peering down on it. If an ST3 all three separate aluminium valve covers on top of the engine are a different shape than those on an SR3 engine, they will have half moon shaped cut outs on their starboard side two corners on each cover to dodge and leave exposed two cylinder head holding down studs and nuts. The SR3 has a plain squarer cover without these half moon shaped corner cut outs which covers and hides all the cylinder head studs and nuts

Could well have been Jim. On our way to Germany, a short lived visit as the Wasserpolizei decided we were too long for their liking. Now back in much more relaxed environs for the winter but looking at getting another nb to run as a trip boat here.

My idea was to take Gazelle to Ireland then europe, haulage and crane costs killed that so I bought a boat in Holland.

What I see now is anything over 15m is just a pain in europe you just don't fit anywhere easily.

You now know what happened to the Stasi.