One hell of a paint job

allybsc

Featured Posts

I saw a tug with the hingley livery on the Bridgewater (I think) in the summer. I wonder who did the paint job, bet it cost a fortune. I can't decide if I love it or hate it :closedeyes:

I love the bit under the front! I saw another boat like this earlier in the year - it is rather a treat!

1998 replica working narrowbeam steel tug. Built by Tony Francis and recently extended to 60ft by Roger Fuller. Traditional backcabin, engine room with Lister HA2, large shower-room and open plan saloon and galley. Long front deck, forecabin and provision for seperate underdeck bedroom. The external paintwork follows Hingley and sons livery and the internal paintwork follows every other livery you could care to mention! Totally unique!

Now that I like. Amazing work.

Doesn't seem over-priced either.

Its all a matter of taste and this is exactly the kind of boat I like. Pity there are no outside shots as its looks equally as good having seen it once. You wil see its advertised by Keith Ball of Industry Narrowboats who featured in the "Dover" restoration and supplied the hull, I have followed his work for some time and have watched a number of his boats come up for sale for some time, they dont hang around long

Charles

Its all a matter of taste and this is exactly the kind of boat I like. Pity there are no outside shots as its looks equally as good having seen it once. You wil see its advertised by Keith Ball of Industry Narrowboats who featured in the "Dover" restoration and supplied the hull, I have followed his work for some time and have watched a number of his boats come up for sale for some time, they dont hang around long

Charles

The jury is still out with me, I love the kitchen, I'm going to nab the piccies for when we eventually do a refit (which will be in a long time)

Hmm, definately an enthusiasts boat..

I'm sure the "back cabin" paintings would look splendin on the outside, but not on the bulkheads, deckheads etc, just looks a bit naff to have so many in the one boat.

Also, I'm not keen on the bows, looks like you'd be able to take your eye out on it, far too pointy.

I saw a tug with the hingley livery on the Bridgewater (I think) in the summer. I wonder who did the paint job, bet it cost a fortune. I can't decide if I love it or hate it :closedeyes:

Looks very well done doesn`t it. I don`t know if I`d care to live with it - but the signwritten panels , though not necessarily "hstorically "accurate, look pretty damn fine to me! Bang-on! As it were.

Cheers

Phil