Midland Chandlers - Bravo

Boondock

Featured Posts

I know on here they sometimes get a bad press regarding their prices but I'd just like to put my thanks on the forum as to how well I was treated by their Braunston outlet on Sunday.

I'd bought a shed load of items from them on their Freaky Friday extravaganza recently including an anchor as recommended for boat size and weight (20kg). When it arrived it truly was the mother of all anchors and after tripping over it several times in the cratch we decided to go for something smaller. I was advised in their shop that a 14kg with 7 metres of chain would do the job just fine. Now having the 20% discount originally I was expecting to pay full whack for the replacement but no, they would do the same discount for the replacement anchor and then not only that suggested that anything else I needed that day could also have the 20% discount applied. Sadly I had my missus with me otherwise serious damage would have occurred to the joint account so it was just a tipcat for the stern. I expressed my thanks in the shop but such customer service needs a wider audience, so thanks again guys.

Cheers Boondock

We also purchased some stuff recently, before the freaky Friday event, and I must say on the particular items we purchased their prices were very competitive. What also got our business was a very reasonable 4.99 delivery charge and that included delivery of several items 2 of which were awkward such as 2 Ash poles one around 12f/t long.

As a result their website is now in our favourites and regularly consulted when purchasing boaty items.

Must say I have found Midland Chandlers to be knowledgeable and fair priced for the best part (we use the Preston Brook branch mainly.) I got a really good deal from them when fitting our boat out.

I generally always get a discount at Suppliers, if I remember to use the expression "any chance of a bit of Trade on that?"

But then I always have grubby overalls & a dirty hat on! Sort of Guy Martin / Fred Dibnah type like.

Last time I went to MC at Braunston they actually asked if I wanted to set up a Trade Account !! To which I humbly replied that I wasn't Vat registered ……laugh.png !