Water tank

nbnatasha

Featured Posts

Hi,

I need to get a new water tank, as mine is extremally small and not in the place it should be. Where can I get it from? Are they made to dimensions or standard size?

You can get them made up (I'll let others post good suppliers). I was lucky as Caktanks.co.uk had the correct dimensions for one of there tanks for me..

If you get a stainless steel one make sure its from someone who really knows their stuff.

In the summer I had a very interesting chat with a bloke who does a lot of stainless tank repairs.(I got the impression that he had a massive amount of engineering experience) He suggested that many fabricators do not take precautions to prevent a degradation of steel properties next to the weld and this leads to premature tank failure. From my own (limited) experience of welding stainless what he said made sense

..........Dave

CAK tanks will make any size or shape you require (I believe) they also do flexible ones that can fit in the existing space.

Give them a ring.

ps. I have no connection with them, not even as a customer

Does anyone have direct experience of a place to get a flexible liner made?

Hi, we had a flexible tank made for our old narrow boat that fit in the triangular bow section.

If I remember rightly it was made by HCL Duratank, they used to make hovercraft products (skirts etc. from neoprene) they will make one to measure and have all the different patterns on their web site.

they normally advertise in the canal mags, but I'm sure a google search will find them.

Good quality product.

ETA Link

http://www.hovercraftconsultants.co.uk/products/asp/prodtype.asp?prodtype=54&ph=cat&keywords=&recor=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=&PT_MasterCategory=n

Edited by Bazza954

Using a local fabricator in Stourport on Severn, I had a SS one made to fit beneath the bow cockpit earlier this year. Cost of cutting lockers out, removing old tiny tank, installing new and re-instating the deck and lockers was about £700.00. Very pleased with the result too.