Migraine vs 48hr mooring

pelicanafloat

Featured Posts

I have a number of wishes but they are all minor compared to a wish for Jenny's migraines to go away. Mind you, we are so used to her bouts of migraine it would take a while to become accustomed to her not having her 'headaches' .... as my ex would say, "Sex? Nah, let's not ruin a perfect day" wub.png but I digress ...

The high winds we encountered on our journey to Banbury, gave Jenny her migraine. We managed to get a beautiful 48hour mooring right opposite BHS and we should have departed this morning but though I feel ok about going through the locks single handed, I know she will fret. So .... I think we will be staying till tomorrow.

Should I phone up CaRT and explain, or wait till someone turns up? I will of course not stay on board. I shall go and have a haircut and buy some nice bread etc....

Meanwhile, don't know if anyone else encountered problems with the wind but we had a couple of hairy moments when the gusts of wind were blowing the swing bridges semi horizontal as we came along the canal, and I was having to judge my arrival with a slackening of gusty wind and hoping the gust wouldn't repeat while we going through .... actually, I quite enjoyed the thought that we might be in the news for knocking a swing bridge off its perch! And yes, I did think about letting one of us off to hold onto bridge but discounted the thought as I reckon neither of us weighed enough to make much difference to holding the balance beams horizontal ...

And lastly, I have been trying to use Imgur to send in some photos (with my new second hand 'coolpix' camera) but the sight seems to be down. Anyone else experienced problems? Suggestions for different site to use would be helpful??

Ok, am off to go look and see if any longer term moorings are available round corner, Then time for haircut, food shopping, booze shopping, and back in time to watch pointless. It'sa hard life captain.gif

And lastly, I have been trying to use Imgur to send in some photos (with my new second hand 'coolpix' camera) but the sight seems to be down. Anyone else experienced problems? Suggestions for different site to use would be helpful??

Imgr is working fine for me.

On the question of would you let CRT know you need to stay an extra day, my personal view would be to give them a bell. If the moorings are not busy I can't see it being a problem with them and at least you know you are above board, if any busy body strolls up and points out you've over stayed you can politely tell them where to go.

Others may think that's a bit OTT but as I say that is just my opinion.

I thought that since it's winter, and the end of the cruising season, that there's no more enforcement till March, because the canals are now 50% less used than in the busy months.

popcorn.

I thought that since it's winter, and the end of the cruising season, that there's no more enforcement till March, because the canals are now 50% less used than in the busy months.

popcorn.

If the cruising season has ended how come we are going boating this week end??

popcorn.

What is this cruising season you speak of?

Well, if it was 1st November we would be ok for 14 days .... but it isn't

The good weather will continue till we get back to our winter mooring at Yelvertoft .....

Shall now take advice and phone CaRT cause I like the idea of telling people where to go :) Nice people :)

Have done shopping, Shall go make a cuppa. Regards,

Shawn of the head

Imgur was in fact down briefly this morning, but recovered soon after you posted.

Theres been a 70s cruiser on the lock landing above Shardlow lock for 3 months.. has a "please remove" ticket on it.. CaRT have even been, moved it to replace the wooden rubbing bands on the lock landing, and put it back! It doesn't have a licence. CaRT have known about it for at least 2 months. No action.. It apparently has a broken gearbox. I assume the owner can't / doesn't want to repair it and has abandoned it.

I think you'll be fine for another day on a 48hr mooring.

The good weather will continue till we get back to our winter mooring at Yelvertoft .....

If you thought the wind and gales you have just suffered south of Banbury was bad I don't envy you trying to moor at Yelvertoft. That has to be the windiest place on earth - ever!! You could guarantee that during this fine late summer we have just had whilst all around was warm still and sunny, at the end of the gravel track it was blowing a hoolie overcast and minus 3.

Imgr is working fine for me.

On the question of would you let CRT know you need to stay an extra day, my personal view would be to give them a bell. If the moorings are not busy I can't see it being a problem with them and at least you know you are above board, if any busy body strolls up and points out you've over stayed you can politely tell them where to go.

Others may think that's a bit OTT but as I say that is just my opinion.

That's twice tonight I have had to agree with you.