Brummagem Boats

Up-Side-Down

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Up-Side-Down said:

Future compliments will have to be exchanged via an HMP address ............

I was wrong, I've just remembered. That boat was 'Asti' - I knew that the name was wine-related! Perhaps 'Anjou' was added as a sister boat.

HMP address? Is that computer-speak?

1 hour ago, Athy said:

I was wrong, I've just remembered. That boat was 'Asti' - I knew that the name was wine-related! Perhaps 'Anjou' was added as a sister boat.

HMP address? Is that computer-speak?

Saisons had Anjou, Asti, Fiero, Bordeaux, Minervois  and Merlot as hire boats. Some of these may be the same boat renamed however.
HMP = Her Majesty’s Prisons.

Fiero1[1].jpg

Fiero

min1.jpg

merlot1.jpg

2855.jpg

Bordeaux above

Edited by Ray T

Thanks Ray. I like the look of 'Minervois.

Whilst bowing to your superior knowledge of our penal system, I don't get the prison reference. The couple who ran the very good chandlery, and 'Asti', weren't that type, they seemed most respectable and I think they retired a year or two later. From memory (again) the chandlery stood empty for a while after that.

Edited by Athy

21 minutes ago, Athy said:

Thanks Ray. I like the look of 'Minervois.

Whilst bowing to your superior knowledge of our penal system, I don't get the prison reference. The couple who ran the very good chandlery, and 'Asti', weren't that type, they seemed most respectable and I think they retired a year or two later. From memory (again) the chandlery stood empty for a while after that.

You will have a PM.

Edited by Athy

6 hours ago, dave moore said:

I remember Quercus well, I wrote it around then.

She was really well turned out so very likely freshly (and also very nicely) done: I was careful with her Dave - honest! ;)

I vividly remember an old boy coming over to enthuse about her lines and how good her paintwork looked - made his day, I think. I recall feeling oddly proud! Pea green and red with yellow lines doesn't sound like it ought to work as a livery, but somehow it did. The lovely little boatman's cabin accommodated me, the missus, a 3 year old, a baby and a labrador perfectly comfortably too. Thanks for your part in our experience!