Number of horses?

Ricco1

Featured Posts

Hello PaulHave I got this right, you are currently in Littlehampton and are cruising at sea with a 40' Sea Otter!!!!!!!!!! or do you like me have a variety of boats?

I suspect that a Sea Otter in this case is a type of sea boat (especially with an 80-odd HP engine) rather than an aluminium narrowboat.

Hello all,

Yes,40 ft by 11ft Aluminum Sea Otter,with Nanni 85hp eng had it 6yrs now.

I much prefer Estuaries,Rivers & a bit of Sea in good weather.much more room & freedom,no problem with plentiful free anchorage either !.& it is my only boat.& am only in a Marina now because of some personal stuff we have got to sort.

Why ?.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

Hello all,

I much prefer Estuaries,Rivers & a bit of Sea in good weather.much more room & freedom,no problem with plentiful free anchorage either !.& it is my only boat.& am only in a Marina now because of some personal stuff we have got to sort.

Why ?.

Probably because to most of us a Sea Otter is an aluminium narrow boat.

Oh ok.

This was built in 2004 by sea otter in Derbyshire,I believe.

A very capable,safe good little boat.we bought it early 2008.

I would recommend them to anyone.(I think sea otter still build boats).

It's surprising just where theas sort of boats end up,isn't it.

Hello all,

Why ?.

I know that type of boat and it is what I would have in my fantasy world where money is no object. There was one for sale secondhand some years ago, did you buy it new Paul, or could it be the boat I was drooling over? Do Sea Otter still make this type of boat?

Hi ya Neil2,

I hope I don't get a ticket from the off topic police here,but I will answer.

Couldn't afford new.there is a pic on here posted approx 2yrs ago,when I was giving her a face lift,making canopies & storm boards for the Windows ect, taken on east coast,had to make the trailer first though.that was fun.

More than happy to tell you more about my home,

Try looking up a the 4 or 5 posts made on page 2 in 'New to Boating 'under .'Are CCrs in decline' someone posted approx 2 wks ago,then feel free to get back to me,if you wish.

Hi ya Neil2,

I hope I don't get a ticket from the off topic police here,but I will answer.

You'll be fine, this isn't even near to being off-topic for this forum. If your Sea Otter had turned out to be a spaceship and you were discussing Elsan facilities on Venus, you'd still be OK

Richard

For some reason I haven't got any smiles on my page for me to use,maybe they have gone to the Elsan point together,but take it that one is implied.

It's happened again - this is the second time recently that I have been suspected of saying something different to what I have written...

I'll go back an plaster it with smilies if you want

hug.gifcool.pngtongue.pngohmy.pngblink.pngsad.pngsmile.png

Richard

You have no smilies on your end? blush.pnghappy.pngwink.pngunsure.png

If you happen to remember the old way of doing smilies using punctuation, they will work - like a colon followed by a bracket. As it happens, my Android phone has a page of them on the keyboard

Richard