Thankyou Kinver canopies...

Featured Posts

We now use 'Renovo' canvas cleaner and were surprised at how effective it was on mould and moss type stains on canvas.

You wet the canvas apply it with a stiff brush working it in, leave it for 30 mins. and rinse it off, the results were as I say impressive. I can't say how effective it would be on tree sap though as I haven't tried it on that.

Could be worth a try though.

Happy to try anything as the stains are really unsightly, cheers!

Try a very mile bleach solution, its what we used on our old canopy.

With the new one we keep it well fabsiled which seems to stop stuff sticking,

I think that's where we went wrong. I should have treated our expensive cratch cover with a good protective product and that would have made the removal of stains much easier. Too busy posting on here, Mrs Doorman always reminds me..........

a link ~ hope it helps.

Note the request to call ahead as they may by out on a job.

http://www.kinvercanopies.co.uk/contact.html

ed. - Now I am on my PC I've had a quick check of that post code and as far as I can see it doesn't look proximal to any canal, happy to be corrected though if I've missed one.

Thanks for the info Martin

I was going to check if they were close to the canal, but we moor not too far away anyway so we could take it by car..

We have a Wilsons cratch and pram hood. Well pleased with them and their after sales service. We have also used Kinver for a Tonneau cover and were once again impressed.

But my vote for the best service must go to A.J. Canopies at Braunston. They repaired our cratch cover when a tree threw itself at the boat, well thats my story, then altered the pram hood for us. Very reasonable cost, brilliant to deal with.

http://www.ajcanopies.co.uk/

• 1 month later...

You still need to invoice me though (and I did send an email to remind you)

Didn't mean to quote that twice!

I'll look into invoice tomorrow as I'm in the office all day.

Again many thanks for the kind words.

We are currently taking steps to help decrease our waiting times as we don't like to let people down ( victims of our own success, ,maybe).

But we do try to insure each job is the same as the last and therefore try not to rush them out or push customers up the queue if they try to bully us. As this in turn will magnify the problem further down the queue.

Didn't mean to quote that twice!

I'll look into invoice tomorrow as I'm in the office all day.

Again many thanks for the kind words.

We are currently taking steps to help decrease our waiting times as we don't like to let people down ( victims of our own success, ,maybe).

But we do try to insure each job is the same as the last and therefore try not to rush them out or push customers up the queue if they try to bully us. As this in turn will magnify the problem further down the queue.

No worries, just concerned you get paid for the work you do.

A very commendable philosophy.

We've been pushed DOWN the queue in the past (whilst waiting for our boat to be built) by people full of their own self-importance and it is all too easy for suppliers to succumb to the likes of these bullying tactics!

Hi all,

Ok....another novice question. I've looked at all the sites mentioned in this thread, I've looked at all the sites listed in the google search.

None seem to show any pics or prices for a WB Trad Pram. Is there such a thing? Or are pram covers only normally used on Semi Trad and Cruiser WB's?

Ta

B~

Hi all,

Ok....another novice question. I've looked at all the sites mentioned in this thread, I've looked at all the sites listed in the google search.

None seem to show any pics or prices for a WB Trad Pram. Is there such a thing? Or are pram covers only normally used on Semi Trad and Cruiser WB's?

Ta

B~

I suppose it is theoretically possible but you are right they are hard to find, so there may be a very good reason for that.

Your best bet would be to talk to someone like Kinver or AJ canopies

Thanks Martin smile.png

B~

Hi all,

Ta

B~

Hi B

Various companies do pram/cratch covers for wide beam narrowboats so look around, we are just having one fitted by Wilsons. My boat is 11ft wide.

Fred

Hi B

Various companies do pram/cratch covers for wide beam narrowboats so look around, we are just having one fitted by Wilsons. My boat is 11ft wide.

Fred

I think the difference in BB's case is hers is a trad stern.

I too have seen loads on wide beams but usually they are cruiser stern or semi-trad covers not trads.

Putting the aesthetics of it aside I think there are some practical issues re fitting any sort of canopy to that boat principally due to the lack of a stern rail/staff seats hence I suggested BB speaks to a company that will give her better advice than any of us can.

I wonder what the old working boat men and women would make of the canopies/hoods etc., so commonly seen on the canals nowadays?

Doesn't matter really - they were working boat men, we are there for enjoyment.

Dave

• Greenie 1

Doesn't matter really - they were working boat men, we are there for enjoyment.

Dave

It doesn't matter, you are correct. But it still would have been interesting to see their reaction when you consider how hard their working lives were and how a canopy or pram cover might have made life more comfortable for them.

That just doesnt look right to my mind.

And i certainly dont see how you could get a canopy to fit that would anything like attractiveblink.png

lol

are you suggesting my back end doesn't look right?sad.png

Not so worried if she looks aesthetically pleasing or traditional to others, more of the mind that we will be CCer's and appreciate there will be many times we will need to be cruising during periods of inclement weather - as well as that "little bit" of extra storage it would provide during periods when we aren't cruising for wet footwear, umbrella's etc.rolleyes.gif

Ta

B~

How does a widebeam trad stern work?blink.png

lol

Pretty good actually - at only 57' long it gives us enough space to have a second bedroom, and still have a great sized galley & saloon; oh and an "indoor" engine/utility room.

Could well be proved wrong, but we didn't see giving up 3 or 4 feet in outdoor length at the stern end to be a negative compromise for the interior space / comfort it will provide. There is enough space out there for the two of us (just). :)

B~