Wifi on the Llangollen

Turbuck

Featured Posts

If you're going to trying to time your stops with Wi-Fi access points, then its going to very much restrict your holiday plans! If you really need internet access while on the Llangollen, the only sensible way is using a dongle or Mi-Fi unit to connect to mobile broadband. Three do some 1 month contracts, and there's PAYG dongles available:

http://store.three.co.uk/Mobile_Broadband/Standard_Dongle £30 for 1GB or £40 for 3GB

http://store.three.co.uk/view/product/ql_catalog/threecatdevice/2566 £16 for 5GB + upfront fee of £30, 1 month contract

3 reception is pretty poor and I was told that all providers are poor. Check the coverage maps before buying.

I don't remember having a major issue with 3 on the Llangollen last summer, perhaps the odd spot with no reception. I would suspect all the networks have some holes in coverage in the area.

3 reception is pretty poor and I was told that all providers are poor. Check the coverage maps before buying.

I don't remember having a major issue with 3 on the Llangollen last summer, perhaps the odd spot with no reception. I would suspect all the networks have some holes in coverage in the area.

We've done the trip 3 times now, there's 2 blackspots I know of. The one I can remember is Wrenbury, which is also poor for other mobile networks (EE and Vodaphone) and TV reception. There was another but it was one of these rural moorings out in the sticks, so I can't remember exactly where it is! Reception is fine at top of Hurleston, around Swanley/Badderley locks, Grindley Brook (above and below), Whitchurch, Ellesmere, Trevor, Llangollen, new Marton, etc etc.