Bought A Black Prince Boat

Roy

Featured Posts

Has anyone ever bought a Black Prince boat, can you tell us the process of buying one and what sort of condition does it come in i.e. does it come blacked, painted and with a Safety Certificate and inventory?boat.gif

Hi Roy,

My Black Prince boat had two owners between me and its life as a hire boat, back in those days they just retired the boat and off they went, with the original hireboat livery fading fast. These days they repaint them (navy blue I believe) to take the branding off, before they're sold. I can't comment on blacking or safety, though. Best give John Lucas at BP a call.

Their own website shows some punter feedback which includes mention of a repaint.

http://www.black-prince.com/boat-sales/

We bought our black price boat last August. They asked us to put down a deposit of £5000 and told us they would require the balance before the end of the financially year. We wanted some changes made to the boat, mainly 240V, a stove and changes to the galley, and Dave Howdle at BP was really helpful. They did the galley work for us, and advised us on who could do the other work for us.They started the work before we had paid the balance, and couldn't have been more helpful.

The boat was blackened, had a new safety certificate and everything that is on a hire boat came with the boat, so all the furniture etc, including a new mattress. They went through all the systems on the boat with us to make sure that we understood everything, provided us with bits and bobs free of charge and were in no hurry for us to move the boat after it had been paid for. We had a problem with the pump out toilet after we picked the boat up, and they came to where the boat was moored and put in a new motor free of charge.

The boat was built in 2006, but she in in very good condition considering. We have been living on her since March and so far only the toilet has given us any problems. She may not look as pretty as the other boats on the marina, but we are really pleased with her.

As Above I bought mine years ago and had the same experiance with the toilet as well!!! but they repaired it free of charge as well . The blacking to be honest was a one coat wonder but I loved the boat and she never missed a beat in 6 years so a great experiance

Peter

Good morning we are the preferred shell builder for Black Prince for the last ten years It has been our privalidge to be associated with this long established company and can only speak highly of there professional and honest approach to business I recommend them highly I am sure they will be happy with the positive comments

Martin Kedian. ( Probuild narrow boats ltd ) (Kedian engineering ltd )