Whale Gulper With I/c Control

peterboat

Featured Posts

Hi I bought the above pump to replace my ageing shower pump. The other night when I had nothing better to do I fitted it, whilstit involved cutting holes in the floor to get the manifold low enough it wasnt a hard battle. I must say however it does what it says on the box, my shower can put a fire out on the other side of the Don but the gulper with its intelligent control kept up with it! So chalk one up for whale and a great product.

Peter

I looked it up, you can get a sensor-equipped shower drain etc, so that the pump starts pumping automatically when the drain senses water. Question to the OP, do you have a sensor drain and does it work OK?

ETA oh no, you have the manifold. Anyway, does it cut in and out sensibly?

Edited by nicknorman

Our (non whale) shower pump packed up the other day so we bought a gulper 220 as an emergency buy - now I know where it gets the name from! Pump is purely manual though, no auto start etc...

I looked it up, you can get a sensor-equipped shower drain etc, so that the pump starts pumping automatically when the drain senses water. Question to the OP, do you have a sensor drain and does it work OK?

ETA oh no, you have the manifold. Anyway, does it cut in and out sensibly?

Yes it does cut in and out well even the slightest water does the trick (yes I have been playing) It has soft start and allegidly an internal speed control! All I know is it works well and sucks the water out of the bath and isnt to noisy

Peter

Oops forgot I have the manifold model

Peter