Gally slave wanted!

nigel carton

Featured Posts

Ok I need to move two boats, one from Barton turns and the other from Mercia marina, both to just before grove lock, Leighton buzzard.

I can pair up and do this on my own but, anybody fancy a trip? I'm being paid for this so I will provide food, beer etc and a lift back to your car.

If I pick up from Mercia, and meet at Barton turns, we'll take it from there.

Any takers?

This will be in the next few days

Ps not for the faint hearted, I will be starting at 5am and finishing about 8pm.

Hello Ferd and welcome to the forum.

I may be speaking out of turn here but as you are new to the forum and your profile does not give much (any) information about you then if you wanted to go along and assist Nigel then I suspect it could be rather helpful if you were able to tell him a little more about your boating experience.

While I know Nigel as being an very friendly & patient chap who is generally very willing to assist others where he can I think he has hs work cut out with this particular job and while he would benefit greatly from having some help he is unlikely to appreciate it if the journey is slowed down by him having to show a complete novice the ropes.

Also you will be unable to use the personal message facility until you have created 5 posts which, if you and Nigel did get together for the trip, mightbe a very useful thing to be able to do so you can share phone numbers with each other rather than having to tell the entire cyber world your business.

If you are a novice who is hoping to get some experience then there are plenty of friendly people on this forum who may be willing to invite you to spend a day or a few hours with them but most people would feel a need to get to know you a little via your online persona first. Join in with the general conversations on a few of the threads and you will soon start to feel part of the crowd

Of course you could have loads of experience and be able to teach Nigel a thing or two when it comes to boats - in which case - don't be shy at blowing your own trumpet a little or else he will never know the opportunity he is missing out on :)

Looking at moving them as a pair on the 19th, they wanted them moved sooner but I have commitments before then.

Bummocks!

Got rellies coming that day

Thats me out then

Hello cheshire-rose and thankyou for the welcome,

I may be speaking out of turn here but as you are new to the forum and your profile does not give much (any) information about you then if you wanted to go along and assist Nigel then I suspect it could be rather helpful if you were able to tell him a little more about your boating experience.

Not at all. Your thoughts and advice are appreciated,

Thanks

Also you will be unable to use the personal message facility until you have created 5 posts which, if you and Nigel did get together for the trip, mightbe a very useful thing to be able to do so you can share phone numbers with each other rather than having to tell the entire cyber world your business.

I replied to two of your paragraphs as separate messages but they appeared on the thread as only one answer. So this will hopefully now appear as another post

I replied to two of your paragraphs as separate messages but they appeared on the thread as only one answer. So this will hopefully now appear as another post

Hi Ferd,

if you reply to the same thread several times in quick succession it tends to merge them. - that is unless someone else has responded in between. If you were to reply again to this now I have posted or respond on another thread it will add to that all inportant 5 post count

Ok I need to move two boats, one from Barton turns and the other from Mercia marina, both to just before grove lock, Leighton buzzard.

I can pair up and do this on my own but, anybody fancy a trip? I'm being paid for this so I will provide food, beer etc and a lift back to your car.

Any takers?

Ps not for the faint hearted, I will be starting at 5am and finishing about 8pm.

the last thing we need in this area is another couple of boats, hard to get out of tickover from Leighton lock to grove lock. yet another widebeam put in the water at the boat yard 6 days ago. just returned from the northamtom arm and it's getting rather congested around here.

the last thing we need in this area is another couple of boats, hard to get out of tickover from Leighton lock to grove lock. yet another widebeam put in the water at the boat yard 6 days ago. just returned from the northamtom arm and it's getting rather congested around here.

I do apologise waggers, I will phone the boat yard in the am and tell them I do not need the work and strongly advise them to have the boats delivered else where.

• Greenie 2

Bummocks!

Got rellies coming that day

Thats me out then

I, too have rellies coming, mil. That's why I want in !!

Any takers?

Ps not for the faint hearted, I will be starting at 5am and finishing about 8pm

Hello Nigel, I will PM you