What should I stand my new plastic toilet waste tank on

Woodstock

Featured Posts

Hi. We've replaced our waste tank with a new plastic one. It will fit under the bed and I wonder what to stand it on

Is there a risk of condensation or any other risks with plastic? The old metal one was on a piece of parchment like paper on the floorboards and was rotten.

Should I place it directly on the floor boards- or raise it on slabs/bricks at each corner to allow air to circulate under

I do have some underlay- both hessian backed and foil backed- Is it worth standing on this- If so which would be best and should the foil/hessian be touching the wood or the plastic tank

Thanks for any advice

Stand it on the Towpath ready to get taken back to the Chandlers for a refund and buy a cassette toilet......

.......Coat got and walking.... Only joking honest!biggrin.png

Actually thinking about it I would not prop the tank up so the middle is unsupported the erm fluid/contents is going to weigh quite a lot when full. A gallon of water weighs aprox 10lbs so you can multiply that by the number of gallons of capacity to see how much it would be. I think support across the whole of the bottom of the tank would be best.

Edited by churchward

Probably a different circumstance but we have a plastic drinking water tank and that does not get any condensation on it even in the winter so I woudl be tempted to just put on the wood surface. I would not put anything under the tank like underlay that could retain/hold moisture it will accelerate any rot if it gets wet.

Hi. We've replaced our waste tank with a new plastic one. It will fit under the bed and I wonder what to stand it on

Is there a risk of condensation or any other risks with plastic? The old metal one was on a piece of parchment like paper on the floorboards and was rotten.

Should I place it directly on the floor boards- or raise it on slabs/bricks at each corner to allow air to circulate under

I do have some underlay- both hessian backed and foil backed- Is it worth standing on this- If so which would be best and should the foil/hessian be touching the wood or the plastic tank

Thanks for any advice

How exactly did you manage to remove the old tank? I suspect that mine will have to come out soon, and it has a lot built around it, as I never thought I'd get to this situation.

I put mine straight on top of the lino floor. No leaks or condensation after a year of use. If it does ever need replacing it should be a lot easier to remove than the old metal tank (which got cut into pieces in situ with a jigsaw).

Dave

How exactly did you manage to remove the old tank? I suspect that mine will have to come out soon, and it has a lot built around it, as I never thought I'd get to this situation.

It was a bit easier than we thought- had to move some wood partitions under the bed- but fortunately it wasn't welded to the floor. We undid the pipes- taped and bagged them over and had a huge piece of tarpaulin next to the bed - brute force, lifted it up, straight onto the tarpaulin and taped it up. We did scratch the bow paintwork as we lifted it- so protect that. We were lucky as we had it pumped out the day before.

We found a brilliant guy in the midlands who custom makes them and are really pleased with the new tank- If anyone wants his number let me kn

It was a bit easier than we thought- had to move some wood partitions under the bed- but fortunately it wasn't welded to the floor. We undid the pipes- taped and bagged them over and had a huge piece of tarpaulin next to the bed - brute force, lifted it up, straight onto the tarpaulin and taped it up. We did scratch the bow paintwork as we lifted it- so protect that. We were lucky as we had it pumped out the day before.

We found a brilliant guy in the midlands who custom makes them and are really pleased with the new tank- If anyone wants his number let me kn

Thanks for that. I wouldn't mind this guys phone number just in case. Jack

Contact Jack on 07508801533- I've been so impressed by his work and service that I've posted a separate reccomendation. We fitted the tank on Saturday- fits perfectly, fittings are in a much better place than the ones on the old tank. If you do need to replace- tell him Jackie recommended him