Solar controller MPPT or PWM

Top cat

Featured Posts

Thanks guys , most interesting, I've learned a lot.

That stuff on E bay looks quite good value

Now off to add up the cost of all the other bits I need for installation and compare that with the fully fitted price my supplier has quoted

TC

If you have 12V batt bank, aye!

ETA If buying from Asia to save money, the seller Ningbo Solar might be worth a look:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/20A-Tracer-2210RN-EP-MPPT-Solar-Controller-Regulators/319525_550000067.html

In the UK Bimble Solar have it quite reasonably priced:

http://www.bimblesolar.com/offgrid/mppt

Bear in mind if it comes from Asia it might take a few weeks through normal air mail or be liable for duty payments if it comes DHL or UPS etc, plus what to do if it goes wrong...

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Edited by smileypete

• 4 weeks later...

I'm no expert.. However, I'd have thought a 30A controller would be fine for 350W. Of course, that would leave no room for later expansion..

Navitron have some Sanyo 220W panels at £120 at the moment.. bargain I'd say. No idea how big though.. Might be big and square. I got one of the s/h ones from Bimble, and they leave enough room you can walk on the roof either side of the panel. (Mine is mounted flat)

The navitron polycrystalline tend to be very Square whereas the mono panels tend to be 80 or max 90 cm wide, leaving ample walkspace if offset.

I reckon that will be all you need Bowten, and am quite sure you are able to fabricate the brackets to suit given your woodworking skills.