Cruise down the Oxford Canal

Crabtree

Featured Posts

That's a lovely trip. I hope you didn't rush it.

There seems to be a macho thing on here where getting from A to B as fast as you can is viewed as a Good Thing. I really can't imagine WHY that could possibly be.

MtB

Seconded, a great trip. We went from Calcutt to Lechlade via Dukes Cut the summer before last. Weather was so baking hot, one day we had to stop and "shelter" in the boat from to sun, as I was getting rather well cooked. Those were the days, let's hope for some like that his year.

Went from Calcutt to Fenny Compton over the Easter weekend just gone, not quite so hot!

There seems to be a macho thing on here where getting from A to B as fast as you can is viewed as a Good Thing. I really can't imagine WHY that could possibly be.

MtB

I do agree. Napton to Dukes is a nice two week trip but better if you take a month or so or you miss the deer and kingfishers etc.

Tim

MtB

I always say "If you're in a rush, what are you doing on the cut?"

we are heading up the GU from Kingfisher Marina to Napton then down the Oxford starting this weekend

Plan to cruise for 18 days and if we don't get to Oxford then there's always another time

No need to rush

Hope the weather stays warm and sunny

Roger and Mo