Host Migration

DHutch

Featured Posts

Well this is it - Daniel is at work so it may take little time to sort out the glitches . . .

And it took me half an hour to make that last post which is why I duplicated some of what had already been said - but I put that down to my shaky Internet connection as I am still in the Canary Islands . . .

Well this is it - Daniel is at work so it may take little time to sort out the glitches . . .

And it took me half an hour to make that last post which is why I duplicated some of what had already been said - but I put that down to my shaky Internet connection as I am still in the Canary Islands . . .

Graham - - -

Feeling for you having to suffer the Canaries at this time of year, whilst we're enjoying the coldest March for 'n' years!

Graham - - -

Feeling for you having to suffer the Canaries at this time of year, whilst we're enjoying the coldest March for 'n' years!

Well we did have a storm last week and it rained - the temperature dropped to 20 degrees Celsius but it is nice an sunny now . . .

And it took me half an hour to make that last post which is why I duplicated some of what had already been said.

Your lucky that the post made at gone ten made it over onto the new server at all, it took about an hour for then to take the copy, starting a bit after we went into offline mode at nine and although the database is probably the last bit to be copied there can't have been much in it.

Daniel (at work but struggling to concentrate...)

I received this earlier today

There are still some glitches from the move to the new server which I need to iron out but if you remove one of the /forums from the url or browse in from www.canalworld.net you should be able to access the forums.

Daniel

http://5.77.47.171/~ggbqjfrf/forums/forums/index.php?showtopic=55027&pid=1042130&st=0entry1042130

If forums/ appears twice in your browser, remove one of them. It solved the problem for me.

Delete forums/

Since doing this I've been logged in without any major issues except having to log in a couple of times around lunch time. I did also time out when I left the comp for an hour.

Generally though no real hassle, bound to be glitches, it's quite an undertaking I've been told.