Washing machine making strange noises

blackrose

Featured Posts

Ok, I've got both hoses off the pump and if I stick my finger in the large port I can feel a loose plate - about the size of a 10p piece.

utf-8BV2luZHNvciBhbmQgTWFpZGVuaGVhZC0yMDEzMDIwMi0wMDE0Ny5qcGc_zps6ffa3c14.jpg

I can't see the plate but it feels and sounds like it's made of plastic. I can't figure out how to get the pump off - there seem to be no screws or clips.

Is the plate meant to be there or could it be the offending foreign body?

I would not be suprised to find if you remove the hose clips and hoses, that the body of the pump clips into a retaining bracket. It should then pull free. I have been known to be wrong though. ;)

You beat me to it....

Edited by johnmck

Edited because you fixed it.

Edited again to add: Well done, now, where's the key?

Yes, I do recognise the fob from a key my mum gave me for her house. I lost the key a couple of years ago so gawd knows where that is!

I had a feel around inside the rubber reservoir & bellows, but there was nothing there.

Edited by blackrose

Blackrose

Thanks for posting the pics up .. at least i now know what to expect when I remove our machine.

Glad you found and fixed your problem

Cheers

Andy..

I had to tip the machine up and lean it against the wall at an angle in order to get to the pipes from underneath and disconnect them from the pump. The pump slides in/out of a short plastic track and is held by a single clip underneath.

If there's something stuck in the pump then you'll probably have to remove the pump to get the object out - it's pretty difficult otherwise. The spring clips holding the pipes on have to be compressed with a pair of pliers to get them off.

Good luck with it.

Mike

Edited by blackrose

I had to tip the machine up and lean it against the wall at an angle in order to get to the pipes from underneath and disconnect them from the pump. The pump slides in/out of a short plastic track and is held by a single clip underneath.

If there's something stuck in the pump then you'll probably have to remove the pump to get the object out - it's pretty difficult otherwise. The spring clips holding the pipes on have to be compressed with a pair of pliers to get them off.

Good luck with it.

Mike

Thanks very much Mike, that's really helpful .

I have a feeling the pump may be knackered as there is a fair bit of water still in the drum.

Once I've dismantled the kitchen cupboard to remove the washer I'll be able to see what's going on (i hope) lol.

Thanks again for the help :cheers:

Andy