Sterntubw Greaser

Maffi

Featured Posts

My stern tube greaser tube that comes out of the greaser to carry the grease has cracked. So I shall need to applt a new ferule to the pipe. Looked at Midland chandlers and can find them. Anyone have any ideas for a location or specific name of the part.?

Edited by Maffi

My stern tube greaser tube that comes out of the greaser to carry the grease has cracked. So I shall need to applt a new ferule to the pipe. Looked at Midland chandlers and can find them. Anyone have any ideas for a location or specific name of the part.?

Greaser tubing is usually 5/16" OD, if yours is so you will need a 5/16" olive..

That's if I've understood you correctly.

Tim

Or an olive from an 8mm compression fitting is near as dammit exactly the same size, and totally interchangeable.

Mine's piped up in 8mm central heating copper tube.

MtB

P.S. My point bweing, copper tube is far more durable than that nylon stuff.

And if you have the plastic tubing there is a special type of olive as a normal one crushes the pipe.

Cant find a link to one at present.

It's quite normal to see them done with Wade gas fittings and copper olives, maybe not theoretically ideal but not usually a source of trouble.

Tim

I have crappy plastic pipe and would be quite happy to fix same just interested in keeping water on the outside.at the mo!

Is that still a 5/16 olive?

Edited by Maffi