Kabola E series Drip fed Boiler .

Kristian

Featured Posts

As some of you have noticed, Im looking at in the new year of getting rid of my Mikuni MX40 and replacing with a Kabola E series Drip fed Boiler 5kw.

However the flue which comes with the Kabola or is sold by the importer Kuranda marine is very expensive and ugly and would looking quite

out of place in a traditional engine room, so my question is, whats to stop me using a 1 piece 100mmID thickwalled steel flue pipe? (a friend has told me about using thickwalled sprinkler pipe) and plumb it in, in the same way you would do for a multifuel stove using a collar or weld though the roof a 2" high wider pipe to allow the flue pipe to pass though, the flue could then be covered with Black Hotspot Grate Polish.

Any thoughts please pass on, Thanks Kristian.

ps is the Kabola 2 piece stainless steel flue just a hollow tube, or more to it than that???

I have recently fitted an E3.

The flue is a twin walled stainless tube and the connections have corrugations in.

I suspect the twin wall improves the insulation and makes it draw better although the outer still gets pretty hot.

I have used the kabola stuff as I want to CE mark my new boat.

If you don't like the stainless you could paint it black.

If yours is a retro fit, possibly a single wall flue well wrapped with exhaust tape or suitable insulation would be OK.

Regds A

As you will be running at minimum length for the flue you should use proper twinwall stuff with the correct cowel on the top.

The kabola boilers are sensative to draft so you need to get tne flue right.

Sorry Julian, what do you mean by "Minimum Lenght"? The total flue height will be about 5ft as the boiler will be sat on the engine room floor.

Thanks Kristian.

Think it says 2m flue length in the manual but this does include the bit above the roof that should also be double walled.

Mine was just twinwall stove pipe with a joint inside the collar and an extra bit inside anormal NB chimney with the cowel on top of that