history of my boat?

lurcher

Featured Posts

i wonderd if there is any way of finding out a bit more about the history of my boat..

ive had her for a few months now and cant find a builders plate or any other clues.

she has a 5 didgit index number starting 667..

any one have any ideas or know of any websites??????????

Do you mean the index number as issued by BW/C&RT?

You can look up via the name and index number n Jim Shead's site which will give you some basic details of registration like builder for example and depending on who it is you may be able to find some other details on other websites but often, particularly if it was a small builder there is not likely to be much around.

http://www.jim-shead.com/waterways/index.php

Try Jim Shead's website:

Clicky

Might be a start.

Cheers

Aha yer beet me to it!

Any BW index number in the range 60011-70561 was issued in the years 1980/81, but that is when they were first issued to all boats.

All you can tell from that is your boat is 1981 or earlier.

If you feed your index number into this link it will give you the information that BW/CRT held against it at time of last re-licencing.

That may or may not be accurate, and might give you a (claimed) builder's name, assuming you don't already know that.