Smartgauge and Battery type?

nipper

Featured Posts

Hi all!

Perhaps this is one for Gibbo, but others may be able to help with my question too.

I have just installed 4 new Lucus 110 AH, LX31MF, Batteries from a well known Midland Chandlery.

As well as the 4 batteries. I am about to installing a Smartgauge into the system.

My question is, what type of battery do I tell the Smartgauge I am installing?

Do they come under the of Type 1, Standard wet cell Batteries or should they be classified as Type 4, Hybred?

I didn't know at the time of purchase that they were Calcium Lead Acid Batteries, as perhaps I would of bought the usual wet, topupable type instead!

Perhaps,I should of done more research,but the batteries are installed now, so I'll have to use them!

Nipper

Hi Nipper. these Batteries are sealed batteries and will come under setting number 6.

Hi all!

Perhaps this is one for Gibbo, but others may be able to help with my question too.

I have just installed 4 new Lucus 110 AH, LX31MF, Batteries from a well known Midland Chandlery.

As well as the 4 batteries. I am about to installing a Smartgauge into the system.

My question is, what type of battery do I tell the Smartgauge I am installing?

Do they come under the of Type 1, Standard wet cell Batteries or should they be classified as Type 4, Hybred?

I didn't know at the time of purchase that they were Calcium Lead Acid Batteries, as perhaps I would of bought the usual wet, topupable type instead!

Perhaps,I should of done more research,but the batteries are installed now, so I'll have to use them!

Nipper

Hi Nipper. these Batteries are sealed batteries and will come under setting number 6.

Hmm, you would be correct if they were proper maintenance free batteries. However, they are simply normal wet cells with too much electrolyte in them so there is some spare to cover what dissappears.

They are badged up as Maintenance free, no means of topping up the Wet cells. They should be labelled Sealed for life meaning for the time that you have them you can do nothing with them. :banghead: :banghead:

Agreed. Totally.

Hmm, you would be correct if they were proper maintenance free batteries. However, they are simply normal wet cells with too much electrolyte in them so there is some spare to cover what dissappears.

Thanks Gibbo.

I now remember you saying that sometime ago!

Type 1 it is then!

I didnt think the Chandlers would sell batteries too differant from what they had sold before!

Nipper

While we are on the subject may I ask what type the Smartgauge should be set for for

Victron AGM Deep Cycle with quoted figures of ......Absorption: 14.2 to 14.6....Float:13.5 to 13.8....Fastest recharge: 14.6 to 14.9.

I think type 1 but would just like to be sure, to be sure.

Thank you.

:cheers:

ps. the answer to everything is the Smartgauge mk II

It will be along shortly. ;)

Your probably right Bottle, mk 11 will now probably be launching next week, as I am completing the fitting of mk 1 right at this moment! :rolleyes:

Nipper

ps. the answer to everything is the Smartgauge mk II

The new one builds its own battery model automatically. I'm going to have that as model number 42.

Your probably right Bottle, mk 11 will now probably be launching next week, as I am completing the fitting of mk 1 right at this moment! :rolleyes:

Don't fret. It's still some way off as I keep getting put on other projects.