New Canal

Neil TNC

Featured Posts

Nice little boat whats it's carrying capasity ?

One horse, if it slips? :P

I see they can't quite work out what way to paint the stern bands, so changed over half way.

Mrs TNC went to the Olympics dressage yesterday and part of the day out in Greenwich Park was to be able to walk round the (not quite finished) "Very British" cross country course. She could not resist a couple of piccies of "SuePurr". After jumping the "narrowboat" the horses exit via the "lock gates".

Even at the peak of the day, the seats were about 2/3rds full, most empty were the expensive "corporate" ones.

But it's moored up!

Note the right-side stove chimney, denoting that the original boatman was left-handed.

I notice the chimney is upright, must have used and angled collar, or spacer....oh, on second thoughts....the roof is flat!

But it's moored up!

Note the right-side stove chimney, denoting that the original boatman was left-handed.

from my recollection of what Chris said when he returned, several modifications had to be made in order for the jump to work, including reducing the mirror finish on the take-off side as the horses would get scared if they could see a reflection coming towards them.