The Lichfield canal restoration photy's

troutrunner

Featured Posts

SAM_2185.jpg

Enjoy :cheers:

You are never going to finish it if you give the working parties that awful Worthington, try some real beer. :cheers:

Looks good, coming along nicely, are sections going to be opened up gradually, or is there a grand opening of everything planned?

You are never going to finish it if you give the working parties that awful Worthington, try some real beer. :cheers:

Looks good, coming along nicely, are sections going to be opened up gradually, or is there a grand opening of everything planned?

I think the Worthington truck is either for filling the canal or mixing cement or perhaps washing boats, not a lot of good for much else ;)

Don't know much about the canal, we were at an Austin A30/A35 event and took a walk with the Hairy one or not so Hairy One of late, see below.

SAM_2176.jpg

Here are some better ales, especially the Harvest Pale.

SAM_2169.jpg

This is about where the canal is going to go under the A51, just under this first Austin.

SAM_2178.jpg

No one said if they would like to see more, well ?

Edited by troutrunner

Yes please, I would like to see more.

I tried to work out what the L&H group were up to, their website defeated me by overwhelming me with special effects.

http://www.lhcrt.org.uk/

Richard

Shame about all the whizzy bits because there is some interesting info if you can battle your way through to it.

N

Another few, just say when you have had enough.

Enjoy :)

Keep'em coming, it is good to see how the restoration is coming along, and how well they are rebuilding the structures.

It looksfrom the noticeboard like they are going to re-open linear water parks until they have enough done to get the narrowboats back.

Shame about all the whizzy bits because there is some interesting info if you can battle your way through to it.

N

I'm not sure I have enough willpower to look...

Is there a page that says what they are working on now and what they will be doing next? The news page has lots of stuff about raffles and AGMs on it (including 2011)

If there is anyone from the L&H reading this, you really need a good webmaster

Richard

And thanks Troutrunner, your pictures are splendid

And thanks Troutrunner, your pictures are splendid

No trouble at all, plenty more to go, we're not at the top yet and there are some on the way back down.

I will put some more on tonight, gotta go do something :rolleyes:

Whilst returning home from the Lapworth Banter of 2010 I took some also. Might be worth comparing. (07/06/2010)

If you have more, your welcome to post them in this thread and keep them all together :cheers:

Don't know much about the canal, we were at an Austin A30/A35 event and took a walk with the Hairy one or not so Hairy One of late, see below.

SAM_2176.jpg

That's a bit below the belt..... :P

Let's see more of your pictures, I've not seen them yet... :cheers:

The derelict canal ran through the site where the Austin rally was being held (Lichfield Rugby Club). It was impossible to miss. B)