Welding required on a friends boat

Featured Posts

Does anybody know of a decent welder on or around the Bridgewater Canal?

A friend has been let down and now needs a welder to finish off some jobs on her boat. The two jobs are for the steel in the bow area to be cut out so that the new water tank can be dropped in. Once this has been done the deck will need welding back into place.

Also a hole needs cutting in the cabin for the water heater vent. I've been told this will need welding of some sort, but I didn't ask why at the time.

Can anybody help? I'm going to be away from the computer from today over the weekend so could you please either call or SMS me 07748 958303?

She is in the process of heading down onto the Oxford so any one en route would also be handy.

Thanks

A friend has been let down and now needs a welder to finish off some jobs on her boat. The two jobs are for the steel in the bow area to be cut out so that the new water tank can be dropped in. Once this has been done the deck will need welding back into place.

Also a hole needs cutting in the cabin for the water heater vent. I've been told this will need welding of some sort, but I didn't ask why at the time.

Can anybody help? I'm going to be away from the computer from today over the weekend so could you please either call or SMS me 07748 958303?

She is in the process of heading down onto the Oxford so any one en route would also be handy.

Thanks

Liam have you spoke to Alan Savage off mikalind , his son Phil is a welder. He will be around Dunham at the weekend if you are there

Edited by Brin Morris

Liam, I think the lady in question may be some time away from heading South. She has just discovered that the engine which was "rebuilt" for her was little more than a collection of mismatched knackered parts from three different wrecks.Feel very sorry for her but.........

Thanks

Thanks Bryn, I'll most likely see him over the weekend as I'll be out and about through Dunham.

Yep, Stu, since found that out since making this post!

So... ad going up in the For Sale & Wanted section for a Lister SR2 most likely soon!

I'll just get a list of local welders together for her so she can make the calls and the choice.

Thanks Bryn, I'll most likely see him over the weekend as I'll be out and about through Dunham.

Yep, Stu, since found that out since making this post!

So... ad going up in the For Sale & Wanted section for a Lister SR2 most likely soon!

I'll just get a list of local welders together for her so she can make the calls and the choice.

Is the SR2 *wanted* or *for sale*?

The current engine doesn't appear to be fit for purpose, so wouldn't be for sale unless stripped for parts.

Definitely would be a "Wanted" ad I think, but at the moment I'm not sure what the owner wants to do, so I shall leave it for now.