Carbon Monoxide Gas Alarm Detector needed

JerryP

Featured Posts

The boat I've just bought doesn't have either smoke or co2 alarms fitted ,

the previous owner said that their not compulsory for the BSC and therfore never fitted any , The fire alarm has been ordered from a mate who's a fireman ,but the don't supply co2 alarms,

can someone recommend a co2 alarm that's reliable please and possibly post me a link ? ,there's lots on eBay but i don't really know what i need.

Jerry

hi sf350 from sf detection systems , now honeywell comes with a 5 year battery and warranty, just pull the battery tag outto start them , you can carry them home as well (and even abroad on holiday)

many other types are available, these are my fave, and we've probably supplied about a hundred over the years with no complaints

cheers

paul

ps definitely available at plumbcenter and b&q, probably elsewhere, shoud be £25 to £30

To the OP, although you can get one that doesn't come with a display it's worth spending the extra for one that does.

thanks for that ,It's a small price to pay for your life ! ,thanks aldo to Frangar and Ridders for there links

thanks for that ,It's a small price to pay for your life ! ,thanks aldo to Frangar and Ridders for there links

The display will give you a history of peak readings so can be quite useful, but they all of course sound an alarm if over I think 50ppm.

Just to add, follow the instructions of where to install, they don't go on the ceiling they usually go at head height when sat down.

Edited by Robbo

The Nereus ones are excellent, gas and carbon monoxide combined, and a solonoid valve can be fitted so gas is cut should it alarm. Not cheap but very good.

Not cheap is an understatement!! :blink:

http://www.nereusalarms.co.uk/html/gas_detector_alarms_for_boats.html

£330!!!!

And they need to be hardwired which is fine for a new build but not so easy on an existing boat.

Think will stick with the battery operated one!!

Cheers

Gareth

Indeed good on new builds. A previous customer specified one for their boat, and others have agreed, having seen them in action, that they are worth the money to them. Horses for courses. The ones with the valves are a little dearer than that even, sadly.....

This is the one we have fitted a few times: pricey but good alarm

Edited by Ally

I must have been dreaming!! :rolleyes: I could have sworn the OP wrote gas too, but he didn't...doh...in that case, yes, Fire angel for smoke and Co2...it's what we use, and they are also very good with their customer service if required.

Just to be pedantic.....

Vitually every post until the last ones has talked about CO2 alarms.

This is of course wrong. CO2 is carbon dioxide. The killer gas you are trying to protect against is carbon monoxide.

What you are acutally talkin about are CO alarms, not CO2 alarms.

• Greenie 1