is the River Nene open for navigation up to Gayton

Featured Posts

Does anyone know if the Nene is open again? I looked on the EA site however it does not say anything about it. I know the Rothersthorpe is open til 8th May which is Tuesday.but have to get from Billing to it first along the River :-) .thank you

Hi

I doubt it - have a look at my mates BLOG

He is currently stuck on the Nene and they have evacuated Billing last time I heard.

Alex

Does anyone know if the Nene is open again? I looked on the EA site however it does not say anything about it. I know the Rothersthorpe is open til 8th May which is Tuesday.but have to get from Billing to it first along the River :-) .thank you

I think you will find the BW stoppages on the Northampton Arm have changed

I think you will find the BW stoppages on the Northampton Arm have changed

no, the river is shut at the moment. Storng Stream Advice is in operation, several locks are shut to control the flood water. including titchmarsh where i keep my boat.

follow this link for info from the EA, there are telephone numbers to call for up to date info.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/static/documents/Leisure/120419_-_Advisory_Navigation_Notice_-_High_Flows.pdf

Hi

I doubt it - have a look at my mates BLOG

He is currently stuck on the Nene and they have evacuated Billing last time I heard.

Alex

Hi, i am at Billing, we came back friday, the level has fallen in the marina itself, but was wondering what the river was like..

this is the new updated stoppages

UPDATE (02 May 2012): Current flood conditions on the River Nene are likely to last through the May bank holiday weekend. Additionally the IWA gathering at Becketts Park has been postponed to the August bank holiday weekend.

Accordingly the planned opening of the Northampton Arm between 3rd and 8th May will not proceed. However, we are aware that boats will want to navigate through the Arm as soon as conditions allow. We therefore propose to open the Arm to traffic from 10am on Monday 7th May to 3pm on Saturday 12th May when boats will be required to clear the arm.

The planned opening between 10am on Friday 1st June to 3pm on Wednesday 6th June will go ahead. Access on this weekend is via booked passage only. Please email enquiries.southeast@britishwaterways.co.uk with required day, time of passage, boat name, index number and entry point

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the Rothersthorpe is open, monday to saturday.