How to

Ray T

Featured Posts

On a car forum I belong to there is a "How to" section where people show step by step how they modify their cars.

I am in the process of making a rag mop, insired by the thread here:

http://www.canalworl...=1

I just wondered if such a topic may be of use here?

I've also been a member of car forums, and have myself posted tutorials with photo's to run through the process of certain jobs to certain model cars. The thing with boats, there's no set standard for much of the work that goes on in boat fitting, so many jobs or tasks can all be done in a multitude of different ways.

Individual projects though like the mop, I reckon is a good idea, or any other good ideas where the process is well described the end product is safe. I often post a running commentary on certain projects I attempt, currently on a solar panel array, if it's successful then the topic could be condenced into a tutorial, locked and made available to other members as a how to do. What with the all new craze in solar products and members individual projects it could end up an interesting database of good ideas.

Edited by Julynian

I'd like a "How To" on how to build an L-Shaped sofa, with table, that converts to a double bed, with storage under.

Not sure about the table bit...but we have an L shaped sofa. Imagine two rectangular storage boxes fitted side by side. The longer one is fitted under the window lengthwise. It has a double wooden top, so when you take the cushions off, the one top piece folds out. Along the bit where your knees/thighs would normally hang, are 2 swingout pieces, which then act as a support for the top piece you folded out. (which makes a full double bed support.) The cushions and back cushions, swing around to act as the bed foam. Lastly...and very importantly...a fitted sheet, holds everything together so the cushions dont all go their own ways in the middle of the night.

:)