Anyone used a Servis Compact or Eumenia washing machine?

BlueStringPudding

Featured Posts

Heee!! thats why you have Delicate/Wool washes, so you dont wash them in a hot wash because they can't take it. :rolleyes:

Exactly. So what is the logic behind having a hot wash and cold rinses, as you were originally advocating?

I have been running my washing machine for 12 years connected to the hot water supply with the wash temperature down as low as it will go (cannot remember what it says), nothing disconnected. By the time the machine has got to its final rinse the water is fairly cool if not cold if I actually had any delicates I would just start with an initial lower water temperature.

It is quite easy to wash at any temperature you wish, just time your washing to the water temperature in your water system. I allways have to do mine on the move unless plugged in to a shore line, usually look for a lock free run to ease the battery load.

I have always had a compact candy on my boat and love em! The one at the moment was an ebay bargain, and does need a pure sine wave invertor to run it.

Since I have moved it from up by the engine bay to into the galley, purely for convience. I plumbed it into space where the dishwasher was, not realizing, the connection went straight to the calorifier! Not a problem if you know of course. Glad to say "smalls" are still smalls, just tend to run engine in morning, let water cool a bit, then do wahing, usually on a 32 minute wash. Invertor is a 3kw sterling, I managed to also get for a bargain.

Chris the model I have is the Candy aqua 1000t, but like I said it was £79 from ebay! If you are willing to wait they do come up, I also got the first one from there nearly 9 years ago and paid about £200. So keep looking, you may have to travel though.

Exactly. So what is the logic behind having a hot wash and cold rinses, as you were originally advocating?

I'm not advocating it, i'm advising that Automatic washing machines are designed in a way that you cannot simply expect hot water or cold water to do a wash as it is all dependent on the temperature of the programe you select and the manufacturers set up of the programe,ie, if you select a delicate programe like woolens, the machine will not fill with hot water as the manufacturer knows your hot water will likely be hotter that 30o and so would damage the cloths, and so the machine will fill with cold and heat to 30o, if it can't reach 30o, ie, no heater, it will sit washing all day.

The only thing you can be sure of is that it will use cold water to rinse.