Departure and arrivals

Top cat

Featured Posts

People have asked to see the takeoffs and landings from my aerial views of the canals.

Here is a short compilation of the more interesting departures and arrivals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2IjaLJ1gzI

Departing Norton Junction

Arriving Norton Junction, Braunston and Stoke Bruerne.

The approach to Stoke Bruerne airport is a bit like getting into Maderia, there is nowhere good to go if you overshoot and going round again isn't an option.

Regards

TC

People have asked to see the takeoffs and landings from my aerial views of the canals.

Here is a short compilation of the more interesting departures and arrivals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2IjaLJ1gzI

Departing Norton Junction

Arriving Norton Junction, Braunston and Stoke Bruerne.

The approach to Stoke Bruerne airport is a bit like getting into Maderia, there is nowhere good to go if you overshoot and going round again isn't an option.

Regards

TC

Ha

Funny you should mention Madeira !!!!! The first time me and the old girl flew into Madeira ( unawares ) and before the latest runway extension we had no idea until 5 mins before landing pilot tells us that to be allowed to land there they have to have undertaken a special bit of training :wacko: ...........Those planes dont half have bloody good brteaks :blink:

Tim

Thanks for the kind words guys, I had a lot of fun making the videos and there are more to come.

I'm really lucky to be able to combine two hobbies spend all day on the tiller and the evening flying, go back to the boat for a curry - life jst doesn't get better than that

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif

Cheers TC

Jelunga

No I can't see what the camera is recording till afterwards when I down load it onto my PC. You can get systems that transmit video and instrumentation back to the pilot who wears virtual reality goggles. People are using them to fly several miles away out of direct visual range. I won't be doing that as I think its irresponsible, modern electronics are good but not perfect.

I have on occasions tried to video a subject that I can't see directly from the ground because there are trees in the way. So I ask my wife to stand at the target with a walky talkie and tell me when the aircraft is pointing at her. Of course I keep the model well in sight at all times. The video BCF Barbecue was one of those which explains why I missed the target so much of the time.

I find I get about 3 -5 minutes of interesting footage from a 15 minute flight and I edit that down to 3-4 so people don't get bored.

Regards

TC