IM WAITING!!!

kienik

Featured Posts

Ive been sat here today lovely and toasty warm on the boat, reading, surfing the net etc etc, waiting for all of the old historic working boats to come back up from Ellesmere Port, i think ive seen one today and actually as i type i can here the distinctive put put put of a narrowboat engine just waiting to see which one it is, oooooohhh nice it was Starling, with Saturn in tow.

now where are the rest of you? i guess ive got a few hours before you get up here from Ellesmere Port (im on NB Riff Raff just past bridge 115 on the Shroppie), give me a wave as you pass.

Nik

And I thought you were waiting to see if you could have a go helping a lady in distress - and driving a Dawncraft!

Norty - collect this as you exit left -

Moncler-Fur-Coat-Green-1115.jpg

One phut phut boat going up the trent and mersey had a whole set of rules specially designed just for him by BW , tunnel passage times , there for others not him , apart from the smokiest phut phut engine i have ever seen filling tunnels with choking smog i would suggest he had a stove lit also belching out smoke in the tunnels , can these engines emit unlimited amounts of poisons with no checks on them?

One phut phut boat going up the trent and mersey had a whole set of rules specially designed just for him by BW , tunnel passage times , there for others not him , apart from the smokiest phut phut engine i have ever seen filling tunnels with choking smog i would suggest he had a stove lit also belching out smoke in the tunnels , can these engines emit unlimited amounts of poisons with no checks on them?

Will let you know what is allowed after tomorrow!

We plan to take both a smokey "phut phut" Lister and a range chimney issuing whatever it issues through Harecastle.

Not expecting any special rules or dispensations though!

And I thought you were waiting to see if you could have a go helping a lady in distress - and driving a Dawncraft!

tut tut tut, get your coat!!!

isnt it funny how lady G caused so much excitement on here and on our farm moorings, and a week after she has gone were all back to spotting the old working boats, bring it on i say, id rather be sat boat spotting and taking piccies from my cosy NB than be reading the drivvle that she used to post on here.

hope your all nice and toasty warm this evening, i only saw three historic boats today so ill be back at the boat tomorrow at 7AM armed with my camera waiting for the rest to motor past, (i will of course ask permission before i post any pics on here).

nite all

Nik

Hi Kienik, we passed you this morning. We've been down through Nantwich & now tied up at Church Minshull. We're hoping to get down on the Weaver tomorrow with a bit of luck. There are a few boats going back from the Port via the Ship Canal & Weaver, others are staying at the Port for a week or 2. Hopefully you can spot a few more tomorrow.

Cheers, Brian

Will let you know what is allowed after tomorrow!

We plan to take both a smokey "phut phut" Lister and a range chimney issuing whatever it issues through Harecastle.

Not expecting any special rules or dispensations though!

last time we went through the keeper asked us to damp down the fire (which we were doing anyway) 1/2 hour before entry. the canal was frozen and it was minus 8 overnight at the north end that night.

Edited by hamsterfan

Some Vintage Working Boat engines do emit a lot of smoke, and the collective consequence was illustrated to us the first time we attempted Harecastle tunnel, We arrived quite late in the afternoon heading North, but calculated we were probably just in time to gain addmission. Whilst we waited about eight working boats emerged,(all returning from the Bugsworth Rally), followed by a huge cloud of dense smoke, we waited for a while and Ivor Batchelor came up to us asking if we wanted to go through, after a brief discussion that confirmed that the tuunnel would still be full of smoke, we decided instead to be first n the queue fo the following morning, whuich was probably one of my better decisions.

Edited by David Schweizer

Why

because some pees on here dont like others to post photos of their boats without asking permssion

Hi Kienik, we passed you this morning. We've been down through Nantwich & now tied up at Church Minshull. We're hoping to get down on the Weaver tomorrow with a bit of luck. There are a few boats going back from the Port via the Ship Canal & Weaver, others are staying at the Port for a week or 2. Hopefully you can spot a few more tomorrow.

Cheers, Brian

cheers Brian, i didnt see you pass this morning, i did see "Runcorn" come past but not yourself today, i did see you go down on Thursday and i spoke to the lady steering Alton, i asked if that was Georges boat and she replied "yes he will be passing in a couple of hours (i guess he was at Bunbury locks on board Bagder), what time did you pass me today (tuesday), it will be a busy day this Saturday as we have 17 boats being craned in to the water, lets hope the historic boats dont all turn up to pass the moorings at the same time as we may have a little blockade as we crane the boats back in.

heres to the next gathering hopefully ill be their next year

Nik

Hi Nik,

We left Chester at 6am on yesterday (Monday), so must have passed you about 9ish, we're now on the Weaver. Feel free to post any photo's you have of us ;-) . The boat "Runcorn" is actually "Lead Us" owned by Roger Hatchard which he keeps immaculate.

Good Luck with the big crane in on Saturday, hopefully you won't have too many boat passing at the time.

Cheers, Brian