Tring Canal Festival

Tommo

Featured Posts

I went to a motocross at Tring. I was at college at Thame, so I guess it must be on the river Thame. That was when I was 17 and I'm now 58 (seems a lifetime ago...gee I'm old :huh: )

I also remember going to a F1 Stock Car scramble there. The one and only one as far as I know.

I assume Tommo's referring to Tring in Hertfordshire on the southern grand union, the festival is an annual event held on the GU and Wendover arm on the summit section near Marsworth/Tring. Its held over the bank holiday weekend (which conflicts with Crick which is why i wont be there :huh: ).

Here's the website link;

http://www.wendoverarmtrust.co.uk/

Les

I went to a motocross at Tring. I was at college at Thame, so I guess it must be on the river Thame. That was when I was 17 and I'm now 58 (seems a lifetime ago...gee I'm old :P )

I also remember going to a F1 Stock Car scramble there. The one and only one as far as I know.

I thought this started to sound like a nice thing to do next weekend. Then I followed the link to the site given by LesD. Thought I knew the area reasonably well, but am now baffled. Just where the heck is it? The site is pretty poor about details.

I assume Tommo's referring to Tring in Hertfordshire on the southern grand union,

No wonder we get lost sometimes is it.

I lived at Ulceby, which is half way from Louth to Skegness. Only 20 miles or so away is another Ulceby.

Ours is Ulceby near Alford. There is another Alford in Aberdeenshire.

I assume Tommo's referring to Tring in Hertfordshire on the southern grand union, the festival is an annual event held on the GU and Wendover arm on the summit section near Marsworth/Tring. Its held over the bank holiday weekend (which conflicts with Crick which is why i wont be there :P ).

Here's the website link;

http://www.wendoverarmtrust.co.uk/

Les

Yes that’s spot on Les, fortunately I have a car on site as well so I can drive up to Crick on the Saturday.

Tring Canal Festival, also known as the Wendover Canal Festival held on the Sunday and Monday of the bank holiday weekend. Takes place on the Wendover arm of the GU. Raising money to restore the arm into Wendover.

I have attended the festival for the last 12 or so years, it’s a chance to meet up with the boaters you haven’t seen since the previous year, and an good excuse for a few beers, should you need one. :huh: Quite a local event really and I’m not surprised you “folks from op north” have never heard of it, but I know some members are from Cowroast, which is only a couple of miles away.

Regards

Tommo

I’m not surprised you “folks from op north” have never heard of it, but I know some members are from Cowroast, which is only a couple of miles away.

Regards

Tommo

Yes, Tommo we are going - but by car! Going to leave the boat at Cowroast and just sleep over at our moorings. Up and down the Wendover is great fun but I should think very congested when the fest is on. I'm told people have already moved up there ready for next week-end.

I hope they are staying drier then I was yesterday at Bulbourne when the rain was going sideways cross the cut and I was very wet indeed!

Regards

David B