What's occurring at Hargreave's

Featured Posts

We were moored in Castleford cut last night/today and noticed Hargreaves old premises is occupied with a boat maintenance co. and the area in front of their old dry dock has been de-waterd with a dam to the cut to keep it so.

Anybody know what's going on - especially on the issue of any planned works adjacent to the dry dock...??

We were moored in Castleford cut last night/today and noticed Hargreaves old premises is occupied with a boat maintenance co. and the area in front of their old dry dock has been de-waterd with a dam to the cut to keep it so.

Anybody know what's going on - especially on the issue of any planned works adjacent to the dry dock...??

I noticed that when I passed last week. Dont know whats apertaining but its good to see the old place in full swing again. Hopefully be used for working boats as well as the likes of us. :cheers:

Funnily enough, was discussing this with BW yesterday.

The site was advertised on the open market after Hargreaves departed. A company have taken it who want to promote boat repairs and such like which, having spent many happy years in this neck of the woods is sorely needed.

Good luck to them.

I called in there the other day under the impression that they'd opened a chandlery - they haven't yet. It's planned for real soon now in the shed behind the dry dock. The dry dock is having new gates fitted which is why the channel is dewatered. They were lifting a bunch of boats onto the hardstanding whilst I was there.

The firm is Supreme Marine Ltd see this contact page

Dave

Cheers - yes that's the same.

Already they had boats in the shed for repair, so yes good luck to them.

(I wonder if they could be persuaded to sell Diesel)

Cheers - yes that's the same.

Already they had boats in the shed for repair, so yes good luck to them.

(I wonder if they could be persuaded to sell Diesel)

Hmm we have been looking at diesel sales in that neck of the woods for our planned visit in a few weeks. There are precious few places that seem to sell it. Current thinking is that we will get some from Blue Water on our way back out onto the Trent. Is there anywhere else?

Hmm we have been looking at diesel sales in that neck of the woods for our planned visit in a few weeks. There are precious few places that seem to sell it. Current thinking is that we will get some from Blue Water on our way back out onto the Trent. Is there anywhere else?

Stanley Ferry Marina but that would mean a short detour from your planned route, but it's actually a very nice run (We've just come back from there today)

Thorne Boat services.

I think Staniland do.

Going west on the A&C there is nothing else until you get through Leeds to Rodley.

It is a bit of a diesel desert round these parts.

Stanley Ferry Marina but that would mean a short detour from your planned route, but it's actually a very nice run (We've just come back from there today)

Thorne Boat services.

I think Staniland do.

Going west on the A&C there is nothing else until you get through Leeds to Rodley.

It is a bit of a diesel desert round these parts.

Staniland do I bought some there last friday. They are not expensive and let you self declare, none of that 60/40 crap.

Staniland do I bought some there last friday. They are not expensive and let you self declare, none of that 60/40 crap.

Wel done mate :cheers:

Well done indeed :cheers:

I'd hate to see you run out................. :lol:

.................... again

• Greenie 1

• 4 weeks later...

I called in there the other day under the impression that they'd opened a chandlery - they haven't yet. It's planned for real soon now in the shed behind the dry dock. The dry dock is having new gates fitted which is why the channel is dewatered. They were lifting a bunch of boats onto the hardstanding whilst I was there.

The firm is Supreme Marine Ltd see this contact page

Dave

The new gates are now in and the area in front of the dock now re-flooded.