boat paint

Featured Posts

can anybody tell me what is the best paint to use on grp boats and what do you use to do the hull please, this will be the first time we have done the hull thank you

Automotive 2 pack paint for the top half.

Not sure about below the water line.

Probabally better asking the question on a yaught forum.

Edited by bag 'o' bones

• 4 weeks later...

I totally revamped a dawncraft a few years ago and i used international toplac paint which was brilliant! so i would recommend this every time as i achieved a perfect glass like finish on the hull which remained the same for the next few seasons until i sold her.

Rick

Isn't it anti-foul paint used on the hull? (Or is that particularly necessary only for lumpy water?)

Lots of discussion going on with respect to anti foul paint on the Broads because of its toxicity and environmental impact.

On top JOTUN PENGUARD HB GRP Primmer. For top they do different ones gloss/ semi gloss (easy to roller/ brush) and Jotun Pioner Topcoat Acrylic Marine Boat Paint. Also sell JOTUN ANTIFOULING SEAFORCE for below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jotun-Pioner-Topcoat-Acrylic-Marine-Boat-Paint-5ltrs-/251006444182?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Paint_Varnish_MJ&var=&hash=item80147d8315

I can believe that, I know very little about anti-foul stuff - - isn't wasn't it based on copper as the active ingredient?

And Arsenic.And most anti-fouls on boats needed to be put back into the water right away to keep the stuff freshly active.