Gas stove in cockpit

KirraMisha

Featured Posts

Our friends Sea Ray has meths and electric cooking, however they can only use the electric when plugged in. They swear by their meths hob and claim it to be as reliable as gas. They dont use much meths in a year either.

That'll be the American Kenyon Cooktop

Rob

I have no knowledge of these meths stoves but wonder if one of these can be used safely in the cabin?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAMP-STOVE-BURNER-BUSHCRAFT-SURVIVAL-TRANGIA-STYLE-/350461899155?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Camping_CookingSupplies_ET&hash=item5199283193

My petrol outboard will be in the well with a built in tank so vapours should go stright into the cut.

If I were to place the meth stove on the sink and spills will vent straight out the side of the boat.

Any thoughts?

I have got two Trangia stoves and I've been using them for twenty years.

The ultralight mini one and the one shown being used on the beach on the video on this site (clicky)

They are great pieces of kit. Simple to use, ultra reliable, dead easy to look after, no mechanical parts to go wrong, and the big one used in the video is very stable

I think only using it on a steel draining board is a great idea. This would get over the problem of spills when refilling. In reality, provided you use the proper fuel cannister as shown in the video, spills would only be very small.