Members list

Featured Posts

If you click on the members task bar at the top of the page, a 590 page list of members with photos comes up. If you click on any of the photos it shows that virtually all of them joined recently, have no details other than name, they have made no posts, and have never been active. If you search for them through any of the the members search facilites they are not there, so something odd is happening.

We discovered this when Jan's mother appeared as a member, with her Face book name and photo, but she does not even know what Canal World is let alone having applied to join. The only explanation we can think of is that I accessed my account through her computer on the day that she allegedly joined, and somehow her facebook details have invaded Canal World.

Perhaps this has always happened, but it needs investigating.

Edited by David Schweizer

If you click on the members task bar at the top of the page, a 590 page list of members with photos comes up. If you click on any of the photos it shows that virtually all of them joined recently, have no details other than name, they have made no posts, and have never been active. If you search for them through any of the the members search facilites they are not there, so something odd is happening.

And by using "use advanced filters" and selecting members with a post count of less than 1, shows 97 pages of members who have never posted. Of these 15 pages have a profile photo.

I note that a number of these are attractive young women, who seem to hail from across the pond. And some of these women seem to have several identical sisters. Most have either have dodgy looking website addresses in their profile or a comment from a mod that a website link has been removed. So presumably some sort of spamming has been going on.

Of those who look genuine, I can understand that a group like this will have a lot of lurkers, but why register if you are not actually going to post?

David

Edited by David Mack

And by using "use advanced filters" and selecting members with a post count of less than 1, shows 97 pages of members who have never posted. Of these 15 pages have a profile photo.

I note that a number of these are attractive young women, who seem to hail from across the pond. And some of these women seem to have several identical sisters. Most have either have dodgy looking website addresses in their profile or a comment from a mod that a website link has been removed. So presumably some sort of spamming has been going on.

Of those who look genuine, I can understand that a group like this will have a lot of lurkers, but why register if you are not actually going to post?

David

How does any of that explain my 85 year old mother in law being on the list?