Constitution?

Higgs

Featured Posts

Don't know if the idea of a Boaters' Group Constition will find any favour or derision. It is an idea to solve a problem. I understand that more than enough is going on at the moment to make it a feasable proposition right now, if ever.

I've had a particular bee under my bonnet concerning association members ability to function, free of their association agendas and influence. In order to negate such concerns, I thought a constitution would serve to avoid the question of loyalties arising again.

The boaters' group has a right in itself and as such should function by direct petition to the boaters. A constitution would only set out the way that the group relate to boaters.

In the future, if all 4 members of the group belonged to the same association, what assurances will boaters have of their' representation? Some may not be the decent chap or chapess, then what?

Boll@cks!........ :blush: ..Moderators - would you please correct the topic title shpelling.

Thankyou.

Edited by Higgs

Don't know if the idea of a Boaters' Group Constition will find any favour or derision. It is an idea to solve a problem. I understand that more than enough is going on at the moment to make it a feasable proposition right now, if ever.

I've had a particular bee under my bonnet concerning association members ability to function, free of their association agendas and influence. In order to negate such concerns, I thought a constitution would serve to avoid the question of loyalties arising again.

The boaters' group has a right in itself and as such should function by direct petition to the boaters. A constitution would only set out the way that the group relate to boaters.

In the future, if all 4 members of the group belonged to the same association, what assurances will boaters have of their' representation? Some may not be the decent chap or chapess, then what?

Boll@cks!........ :blush: ..Moderators - would you please correct the topic title shpelling.

Are you suggesting setting up a Boaters Group Constitution or is there already one in existance ?

Sorry but I still do not understand...............

I'm trying to understand what people don't understand, with the OP. I'm looking for a way, that could be considered legimate, that would require members of the boaters' group to deal with the boaters, first and foremost.

The issues arise when association members may forget who the focus group is that they are supposed to be representing' ie, the chap standing for NABO who supports BM and, IWA's who also may forget.

I'm possibly not the most trusting fella around.

Oh no.........I will start to lose the will to live if that is the case!!!!

Take a breath and live - it's not that.

B, are you suggesting that boaters might not have other boaters interests at heart?

ps. Hello :)

Some will have associations at heart and, that is not exactly the same as a boater having boaters' interests at heart. :)

I might be wrong but I think what Higgs might be suggesting is a boaters manifesto that all four boaters representatives are signed up to and bound by.

Nope. In a way, it's to avoid that being a possibility; if it isn't supported by broad consent. As a singular stance, I would like to have: Boaters - Group - Boaters; Group - Council.

Edited by Higgs

:blink:

Ha, ha.

Is everyone happy with the possibility of having no independent boaters in the boaters' group? If the answer is yes then let the thread bomb.

If it is no, what can be done to address that no? I am suggesting one way. :)

Edited by Higgs

Is everyone happy with the possibility of having no indepent boaters in the boaters' group? If the answer is yes then let the thread bomb.

If it is no, what can be done to address that no? I am suggesting one way. :)

It sounds like them giving up their independence to form yet another group or coalition, to me.

I take it this would be similar to the oaths other groups swear, such as maybe the police, doctors, or even those other thieving, lying, 'I'm just in it for whoever pays me the most under the table', politicians!

Yep, that'll work.

Surely they are independant, aren't they? Isn't that the point of them?

I am not a significant member of an association and would only have to think of the boaters' group, if I were a boater group council member. In that respect I am 'independent'.

What do I do if I was a significant association member and my position becomes impossible/difficult within the boater group - if I have to run something passed my association first? Go back to the boaters' group and say sorry - it doesn't fit with association needs - have to vote against that - force a biased argument in the boaters group?

.........................................////................................................

As pendants go, I've probably been right up there when considering what a boaters' group should be. So, I'm going to be fatalistic instead and put all the candidates names in a hat a draw them out, one at a time.

Edited by Higgs