Computer Software to help with Internal Designs

Featured Posts

Hi,

I used Microsoft Word and Publisher in an attempt to mess around with possible internal designs of narrowboats, but didn't have much success.

Is there software out there to do this, or has anyone adapted any programme?

Is there anywhere to get internal plans for use on computer?

There are programs designed for desingingthe interia of houses.

- However, although a bit of a laugh at first, there rairly helpfull, certainly not well deisgned of thought out.

You could use almost any CAD package however, depending what you wanted you could knock out basic components to mock it up, eather in 2 or 3d.

If your just after a basic 2d layout, techsoft 2d design, tho not very accurate or well designed, as long as you only want somthing simple, and treat it more like a vector-graphics package than a cad one, its all right for some things, and very easy to master.

- You can get a free copy, which works, but doesnt allow you to save it.

- Or i have a student package, which allows you to save, but not print.....

Daniel

Hi, The easiest and simplest way is to use MS Excel, just resize the column width to create squares and choose a scale.

E.G each square = 300mm (or one foot) then you can use the draw feature to create items like beds, kitchen units and showers ect.

Just drag and drop onto the spreadsheet.

Best of luck!

Hi,

I used Microsoft Word and Publisher in an attempt to mess around with possible internal designs of narrowboats, but didn't have much success.

Is there software out there to do this, or has anyone adapted any programme?

Is there anywhere to get internal plans for use on computer?

Here's Techsoft's site, dhutch mentioned their prog - expensive though

http://www.techsoftuk.co.uk/techsoft_software.htm

and there's a free one here, http://www.cadstd.com/ that should get you a rough idea....

Have fun

Len

What is wrong with paper?

Make up a couple of outlines to scale on gridded paper. Make standard fittings - sink, toilet, heater and cut out several - then position them on the narrowboat outline. very easy and quick to shift them round.

I used Word the first time around, but when it came to designing Epiphany I used Adobe Illustrator, which has layers so you can isolate different cabins/levels and has a grid to enable you to draw to scale.

For the result see www.nbEpiphany.co.uk

Have now tried it and after working through the tutorial have managed to get an object that looks like a narrow boat and I coloured it in. :blush:

Show me yours and i'll show you mine! No joke mines in 3D though!