Swanley Bridge Marina

Darren72

Featured Posts

Thinking about Aqueduct Marina now in Nantwich area. Any Feedback on this one.

It is the only marina in the area that hs been consistently full since a couple of months after it opened 2 1/2 years ago.

I think that says something.

And several boaters have moved there from Overwater in the last few months.

It is the only marina in the area that hs been consistently full since a couple of months after it opened 2 1/2 years ago.

Just like Overwater they have a brokerage do they not?

Beware of accusations of vested interests...

Sorry but l thought l was polite in my posting about pointing out you have a ""interest" in the marina i.e you are based there and should point that out when recommending it. What a shame you could not return the same politeness to me no-matter what name l or others choose to post under.

14skipper

No offence meant but I thought you should declare your vested interest in making that remark, which did seem a little chippy.

Just like Overwater they have a brokerage do they not?

Beware of accusations of vested interests...

I've made it quite plain in the past that I was associated with Aqueduct Marina, through their brokerage, although I've never used this forum as a platform to promote that interest, beyond the odd comment about how successful it has been.

I've also made it clear that I have now retired, some months ago, and thus no longer have an interest in Aqueduct Marina.

My earlier post was a simple statement of fact, and not meant to distort the facts by any means.

I've made it quite plain in the past that I was associated with Aqueduct Marina, through their brokerage, although I've never used this forum as a platform to promote that interest, beyond the odd comment about how successful it has been.

I've also made it clear that I have now retired, some months ago, and thus no longer have an interest in Aqueduct Marina.

My earlier post was a simple statement of fact, and not meant to distort the facts by any means.

Easy tiger

- go back a few posts and you will see I was making a reference to earlier 'accusations' made against another broker based at another marina... :cheers:

Been at Swanley for two years. Very happy. Early on had also had a place offered at Aqueduct, but on closer look decided to stay at Swanley.

Depends on what you want from a marina.

Above all we wanted peace and quiet....so Swanley won hands down on that one. No cafe, no bar, no noisy work sheds right by the boats.

However, there's no pub within easy walking distance. But the shop at Burland is nearby and good and is now about to obtain a drinks license for 'off-sales' ( declared interest...it's run by friends of ours and fellow boaters from Swanley).

Edited by Québec

Well that it is not hard to fill when it is only only half the size of Swanley with 147 berths against Swanleys 315.

Edited by Dalesman

Another vote for Overwater, couldn't see myself anywhere else unless out on the cut. Pubs within walking distance without fear of being run over by a car, however there is the fear of falling in on the way back along the towpath.

Just need to be careful where you choose to moor as over by the canal at the far end there is an older couple who tend to keep you awake with their naked dancing on the roof in the early hours :lol:

Just need to be careful where you choose to moor as over by the canal at the far end there is an older couple who tend to keep you awake with their naked dancing on the roof in the early hours

Is Doorman still up to his old tricks then?