As you put it I am a man with a van

Public Liability insurance is over £ 1000.00 per Year

Other Insurances van etc. £ 1000.00

Accounts fees

Wages for someone to do the book work

Roughly before I make any profit I need to earn over £ 2000.00 per month

I feel £50.00 including Vat to very reasonable

Keith

Keith I am with you on this one, Joe (my other half) is self employed and with overheads etc I guess he needs to earn the same, as posted here we have just paid £1900 for his truck to be repaired, he earned last month £1300,,,says it all doesnt it,, it is hard to survive these days

I am curious. In the past I have come up against a Catch-22 situation in which while the BSS says it's OK to fit a non-room sealed instant water heater, Gas Safe (or CORGI as was) engineers wouldn't fit them because their regulations didn't allow it. Is this no longer the case?

Hi, not sure how the Corgi guys and girls go on with the non room sealed heaters, I understand replacement like for like is ok but not a new install.

There is at least one room sealed instant water heater on the market that is ok for new installs in boats, all be it that it has to have a 230v supply to it.

The BSS guys will be along to correct me I am sure.

Cheers

A

Keith I am with you on this one, Joe (my other half) is self employed and with overheads etc I guess he needs to earn the same, as posted here we have just paid £1900 for his truck to be repaired, he earned last month £1300,,,says it all doesnt it,, it is hard to survive these days

The saying "two wrongs don't make a right" springs to mind.

And it's not a case of what you need to earn so much as what you can earn. I could convince all my customers I need £50 an hour quite easily, but most of them still wouldn't pay me that. Whether you are selling goods or services each party has to come away feeling happy with the transaction. If you are getting £50 an hour and plenty of satisfied customers then well done. I reckon you must be working in or around London but then again I am a tight fisted Yorkshireman so I may have a distorted perspective!

To charge £50 per hour ,estimated 5/6 hours to fit a boiler is a rip off!!

Again twice in the last 3 months I've had to have a boiler fitted including flue,and making a hole in the roof

£180 fitted by a bonafide business,the only other quote I had £520 all in Inc a new boiler Inc VAT

But I buy new from flea bay for a lot cheaper

Col

Edited by bigcol

The saying "two wrongs don't make a right" springs to mind.

And it's not a case of what you need to earn so much as what you can earn. I could convince all my customers I need £50 an hour quite easily, but most of them still wouldn't pay me that. Whether you are selling goods or services each party has to come away feeling happy with the transaction. If you are getting £50 an hour and plenty of satisfied customers then well done. I reckon you must be working in or around London but then again I am a tight fisted Yorkshireman so I may have a distorted perspective!

Which is why we were happy to pay the Mercedes garage to do the repair for the truck, it is peace of mind that it has been done properly and with good customer after care.

Bugger me, my morco is being fitted at 10 quid per hour and taking 5 hour max!

well knock me down with a feather pass on the details of the fitter please, that is awsome

To charge £50 per hour ,estimated 5/6 hours to fit a boiler is a rip off!!

Again twice in the last 3 months I've had to have a boiler fitted including flue,and making a hole in the roof

£180 fitted by a bonafide business,the only other quote I had £520 all in Inc a new boiler Inc VAT

But I buy new from flea bay for a lot cheaper

Col

hey Col, what is a flea bay?