Another newby

Notlostyet

Featured Posts

Hi another newby here we have just took the plunge and ordered a widebeam to be built and it should be ready before christmas,but now getting a bit worried about the timing ,we have always just jumped in to new things so this is no different i suppose ,hope to enjoy the forum and will have loads of questions no doubt,

Cheers to all roy

Hi another newby here we have just took the plunge and ordered a widebeam to be built and it should be ready before christmas,but now getting a bit worried about the timing ,we have always just jumped in to new things so this is no different i suppose ,hope to enjoy the forum and will have loads of questions no doubt,

Cheers to all roy

Welcome. Before Christmas seems a bit hopeful. I would think it takes longer than that to build one.

Edited by DeanS

I'm a newbie since buying our first boat in August- welcome!!!. This forum is great- I've raised a few questions and people are amazingly helpful and never make me think my questions are silly. Sounds like you'll have a fantastic Xmas- enjoy

Cheers to all roy

Hello. My boat was launched just before Christmas. On the plus side, you get to get used to your boat on a relatively empty system. On the down side, you have stoppages to contend with and licence renewal comes round just before Christmas. Ouch.

Good luck with the fit out.

Hello. My boat was launched just before Christmas. On the plus side, you get to get used to your boat on a relatively empty system. On the down side, you have stoppages to contend with and licence renewal comes round just before Christmas. Ouch.

Good luck with the fit out.

I think it's painful whenever it comes! Welcome to the weird world of the Cut and I hope you have a warm and cosy Christmas on your new boat. It's a lovely world out here ....

Welcome!

I hope that your fit-out is complete before Christmas - but be aware that this type of job is notorious for what is termed "slippage", l.e. taking a bit longer than was first hoped. You should have MOST of a boat by Christmas!

As for jumping into new things, please note that this is not advisable on waterways; look what it did toi David Walliams.

Good luck,

Mike

Cheers to all roy

welcome and enjoy :)

• 4 weeks later...