WHHEEEZZE of the week

bizzard

Featured Posts

Not really boat related,but the ladies may appreciate this footware for going ashore when all dressed up posh like.

Back in the 1970's there was a trendy fashion in shoes, ''The platform sole shoe''.

Well i've revived it in a new sort of DIY form.

Draw around your tootsies on bits of say 12 or 15mm ply wood,cut out and drill small holes close together around the periphery,these can be for string type sandals or proper leather uppers easily made on a tough old sewing machine,and stitched on to the soles.

That bit over.

Here's the bit that might cause a revelation and possible revival of said type of shoe.

Raid a kiddies toy box and dig out all their old Leggo bricks.If none you'll have to nip out and buy a set or two,pick all nice colours,Red,blue ,green,yellow ect.make sure there's curved bricks amongst them.

Stick with Araldite a layer of em neatly,jumbled up colours if you wish hollow side onto the plywood soles,let cure.

You now have the urm foundation to build up the soles as high and as colourful as you wish by plugging in more and more Leggo bricks to any height and angle. The heal higher than the foots ball part or the ball of the foot part higher than the heal,the adjustments for comfort and looks are endless,especially if you have any foot deformaties.Also by simple swapping about with the bricks could also restore to an even keel those unfortunate to have one leg shorter than tother.Ladies who's hobby it is to keep walking around the sides of mountains can also shorten or lengthen one leg.

Now clonking along on rigid soled shoes aint not comfortable and if you've not already got flat feet you soon would have,so in order to make em flexible do this;- Before uppers are stitched on, saw transversely across and through both sole's several times leaving the heal bits alone,and keeping all the parts in the right order,now join all the bits up with little hinges,stitch uppers on or thread the string for the sandal version.All now nice and flexible.

You should now have a fine pair of 1970's super modified platform shoes or sandals,of which can be altered for height and colour scheme at will and ideal for attending the poshest of posh Doo's.

My dad always bought his shoes from catalogues.- He ended up with a club foot. Bizzard. :closedeyes:

Edited by bizzard

Not really boat related,but the ladies may appreciate this footware for going ashore when all dressed up posh like.

Back in the 1970's there was a trendy fashion in shoes, ''The platform sole shoe''.

Well i've revived it in a new sort of DIY form.

Draw around your tootsies on bits of say 12 or 15mm ply wood.drill small holes close together around the periphery,these can be for string type sandals or proper leather uppers easily made on a tough old sewing machine,and stitched on to the soles.

That bit over.

Here's the bit that might cause a revelation and possible revival of said type of shoe.

Raid a kiddies toy box and dig out all their old Leggo bricks.If none you'll have to nip out and buy a set or two,pick all nice colours,Red,blue ,green,yellow ect.make sure there's curved bricks amongst them.

Stick with Araldite a layer of em neatly,jumbled up colours if you wish hollow side onto the plywood soles,let cure.

You now have the urm foundation to build up the soles as high and as colourful as you wish by plugging in more and more Leggo bricks to any height and angle. The heal higher than the foots ball part or the ball of the foot part higher than the heal,the adjustments for comfort and looks are endless,especially if you have any foot deformaties.

Now clonking along on rigid soled shoes aint not comfortable and if you've not already got flat feet you soon would have,so in order to make em flexible do this;- Before uppers are stitched on, saw transversely across and through both sole's several times leaving the heal bits alone,and keeping all the parts in the right order,now join all the bits up with little hinges,stitch uppers on or thread the string for the sandal version.All now nice and flexible.

You should now have a fine pair of 1970's super modified platform shoes or sandals,of which can be altered for height and colour scheme at will and ideal for attending the poshest of posh Doo's.

My dad always bought his shoes from catalogues.- He ended up with a club foot. Bizzard. :closedeyes:

Excwllent stuff bizzo, but you misssed a trick.

Get some of those lego deckboard panels and stick them all along your gunnels, wear the bizzo platforms to go boating and you'll never fall in again

:)

Excwllent stuff bizzo, but you misssed a trick.

Get some of those lego deckboard panels and stick them all along your gunnels, wear the bizzo platforms to go boating and you'll never fall in again

:)

Good idea Mike but covered that a week ago with my PEG board covered boat and datebox shoes with nails banged in em.

you could put in lego arches & the like, and include little scenes of people in your shoes -

they would be excellent to wear for medical appointments, giving you something to play with in the waiting room...

Yes that's another idea.And when visiting the Chiropodists perhaps.

Edited by bizzard

you could put in lego arches & the like, and include little scenes of people in your shoes -

they would be excellent to wear for medical appointments, giving you something to play with in the waiting room...

Or more likely, give you something to play wuith whilst waiting for the ambulance....

Or more likely, give you something to play wuith whilst waiting for the ambulance....

Oi!.All my inventions are thoroughly tried and tested before releasing them,fully Kite marked and all that and declared perfectly safe. Indignantly Bizzard.

And said lady, or even gent? has the misfortune to break their ankle while tripping daintily off the kerb wearing such a shoe one can always construct a suitable splint using Mechano, in particular those older red and green components. After all if it was good enough to be used in the construction of many an Eiffel Tower replica then it must be good enough to support a damaged ankle.

And said lady, or even gent? has the misfortune to break their ankle while tripping daintily off the kerb wearing such a shoe one can always construct a suitable splint using Mechano, in particular those older red and green components. After all if it was good enough to be used in the construction of many an Eiffel Tower replica then it must be good enough to support a damaged ankle.

Ahh Meccano,what a tremendous invention,hats off to Frank Hornby.

My parents couldn,t get me to school because of it.

I still have some,from which i sometimes construct prototypes for things. bizzard.

Guest Quo Vadis

Hello .... I represent Sue, Grabbit & Runne, personal injury lawyers. If you have had an accident that wasn't your fault .........

Edited by Quo Vadis

I shall be tackling all the Formula 1 motor racing teams with this idea,as i think a new trend in footwear is due for their drivers,but only the top guns will be sought though. Virgin and the likes of them'll have to suffer on with what they've got.

At the end of the season they all start going around nickin each others drivers ,and so have to keep altering their cars to fit different drivers stance which must cost millions of £'s. The leg length being the biggest problem.

So i shall suggest to these top teams, Red Bull, McLaren and the like to stretch the car a bit,so that it would accomodate the tallest drivers, and to avoid keep shifting the pedals up and down,my extra special Leggo platform soled fully adjustable F1 Wizzer platform shoes,''exclusive only for F1'' can be worn by their more squat legged aces,and so solve their simple little pedal problem,and so save em a lot of dosh and win all the races.

I might nip down to Woking in the week and pay McLarens a visit if i can find the time.I expect they'd pay my fare.

GP stands for Grand- Pedaler, after all. :rolleyes:

Edited by bizzard

Oh yes......catalogue....club foot, don't think it went unnoticed <_<:)

An' what's all this "fully tested" malarky? I had to modify the "angle grinder back scrubber", using a belt sander & some Tipex...

Edited by NB Esk

Oh yes......catalogue....club foot, don't think it went unnoticed <_<:)

An' what's all this "fully tested" malarky? I had to modify the "angle grinder back scrubber", using a belt sander & some Tipex...

Professor, Sir Archibald Bashem-More of Cambridge University does all my shoe testing and is fully qualified to certificate them.

Mmmm, I'm not sure if a belt sander would reach all the contours of a human back though,although some peoples backs do look stiff as a board. Maybe an Duel action orbital Mop polisher with T-Cut on it would be best,it'd give folks backs a nice polish

up,and rub all the pimples down anyhow. :rolleyes:

Professor, Sir Archibald Bashem-More of Cambridge University does all my shoe testing and is fully qualified to certificate them.

Mmmm, I'm not sure if a belt sander would reach all the contours of a human back though,although some peoples backs do look stiff as a board. Maybe an Duel action orbital Mop polisher with T-Cut on it would be best,it'd give folks backs a nice polish

up,and rub all the pimples down anyhow. :rolleyes:

MMmmm....but the belt sander had the advantage of coming with the dust bag. This could be retained, to catch all the skin particles.....only needs emptying twice during a normal shower. Also, as the belt is exactly the size of 2 tiles, makes a really neat job of fitting...

MMmmm....but the belt sander had the advantage of coming with the dust bag. This could be retained, to catch all the skin particles.....only needs emptying twice during a normal shower. Also, as the belt is exactly the size of 2 tiles, makes a really neat job of fitting...

Yes quite so,mmm yes i think your plan might be best after all.Its the dust bag that clinches it.It would save having to use my old wheeze from way back. The rolled up 3m green scouring pad shower drain filter with lifting wire loop.

I'll nip out tomorrow and buy one,modify it and get up to Cambridge for testing.

Good one. Bizzard.

Yes quite so,mmm yes i think your plan might be best after all.Its the dust bag that clinches it.It would save having to use my old wheeze from way back. The rolled up 3m green scouring pad shower drain filter with lifting wire loop.

I'll nip out tomorrow and buy one,modify it and get up to Cambridge for testing.

Good one. Bizzard.

I like the 3m scouring pad drain filter idea, very neat, musta' missed that. Do you think Scotchbrite pads would work just as well? Any left over could be stuck to the belt sander.....should be good for sensitive skin types.

I like the 3m scouring pad drain filter idea, very neat, musta' missed that. Do you think Scotchbrite pads would work just as well? Any left over could be stuck to the belt sander.....should be good for sensitive skin types.

Is the Scotch bright like the old metal round ones,if so there might be a serious risk of Tetanus,the precursor for Rabies i think,so if it goes rusty the user might be in trouble if they've got a cut or a burst boil or pimple on their back.Foaming and frothing at the mouth i believe indicate the onset of this disease

I'll have to check it out with the professor. :rolleyes:

Ahh...foaming & frothing at the mouth :unsure: Is another sign orange skin & hair falling out?

I had been pleased, as the "dust" bag had only needed emptying once per shower, recently :help:

Oh no, forget the orange skin, that's only since I welded me stainless tank with mild steel rods...

Ahh...foaming & frothing at the mouth :unsure: Is another sign orange skin & hair falling out?

I had been pleased, as the "dust" bag had only needed emptying once per shower, recently :help:

Oh no, forget the orange skin, that's only since I welded me stainless tank with mild steel rods...

Mmmm. That could be quite novel actually.Orange rain squirtin from the shower head,wouldn't have to wait for orange Sahara rain,if you wished to attend a fancy dress party dressed up as a Jaffa orange. :closedeyes: '

Guest Quo Vadis

Mmmm. That could be quite novel actually. Orange rain squirtin from the shower head,wouldn't have to wait for orange Sahara rain,if you wished to attend a fancy dress party dressed up as a Jaffa orange. :closedeyes: '

You'll have a queue of Essex girls waiting to use it .... cheaper than fake tan