New Boats Reports 2004

Featured Posts

Been yesterday and the inside had had a coat of sanding sealer. The outside is undercoated and I'm assured(yer yer...tell it to me! :rolleyes: ), that by next weekend she will be in the water!

The builder took us on one side and said that unfortunately, the 42hp engine we wanted fitted (isuzu), wasn't available, but at no extra cost to us, they were now fitting a 55hp model ! (well you can imagine my surprise folks), it will ,

be tick-over everywhere on the canals for sure...... :blink: On the river's.....well, it won't have any problems now, I can foresee.... :lol:

Anyway, suffice to say, even though she is 4 months late, we are thrilled with her so far......all it has to do now is float. I have been checking up on champagne's at the local asda :P and have selected one with HMQ's crest upon it......if its good enough for her madge its good enough for Black Pearl ! <_<

Watch this space.....(click buZzzzzz)

Guest Sweeney

My base plate goes down tomorrow. I think this is like Millionaire, the questions look so easy until the pressure of money takes your confidence. The contestants say they can't even be confident about their own name.

Regards,

Sweneeey

We had this thread running on the old forum so I’ve been back to précis the boats in build. Been able to use the new facilities of the new forum – people in blue have re-registered (as of 10/10/2004) under the new forum with the same name.

We have:

Nick Howe who was expecting a shell delivery about mid-May 2004.

Nick Waddington was hoping for a September 2004 shell delivery

Nigel Bowden – hoping for early 2005 – Jonathan Wilson shell and a planning meeting with Nigel’s builder was due to take place in October (from 01/09/2004 post)

Richard Busten – Barry Hawkins started Richard’s shell in August and, from his postings in various threads, Richard is already lining out and working out how to get the boat from Athertsone to Crows Nest on the Trent & Mersey – which will be his first trip on a canal <_< .

Tralfamdorean was expecting his shell from Jonathan Wilson in June/July 2004 – couldn’t track down an update.

Stan Hesketh – took delivery of a 57ft Stirling Sailaway on 15 June 2004. Back in Wigan and Stan and his son were well into the fit-out according to his post on 01/09/2004

Wynd Lass (nb Black Pearl) – the lucky girl has an October finish date :blink: , but she deserves it as her boat is several months late and she has been living in a 14 foot caravan since last December. (Jon – can we have a lock in to celebrate when Black Pearl is launched? :lol: )

Gary Stacey – Purchased a widebeam shell from Eastwood Engineering in March 2004 and was about 2/3rds way through fit-out in August

Rusty Duck had signed with Bluewater Boats with a January 2005 build slot

Sweeney MCC Stenson start his boat on 11 October

Viking is giving build signals and promises to keep us informed.

Oliver (that’s me) – Jonathan Wilson shell being fitted out by a new builder (Darren Aldridge) who has set up on his own after 9 years with a well-known firm – we are his first bespoke build, he won out over some stiff competition. We hope that we will be cruising in November (desperately trying to stop my secretary sticking meetings in the diary – don’t people realise I’ll have more important thing to do than work :rolleyes: )

Let’s hope the others register – or have registered but under another name.

I am here, just re-registerd. Boat is now not much further on than 2/3 fitted out as I have been concentrating on the engine and boat safety details which take up considerable time!. Hope to put the boat in the water next month :rolleyes:

Gary

Cool! keep us informed!

<_<

Just back from an unscheduled trip to the boat. Paintwork is coming on a pace – beautiful dark blue with cream lines and the odd red highlight. Had to go and meet a new signwriter as the original one let us down. However, took advantage of being there through the week and got our soft furnishings man to meet us there. We think we have come up with a way of fitting Roman blinds which are kept tight to the windows when down.

Other side of galley in - sink, taps etc look great. Bernie - at the end of the run of cabinets we have had a small cabinet built at right angles, the depth of the cabinet was determined by the size of the dog food tins - got to make sure that my babies are well looked after :rolleyes:

We are up to the stage of "finishing off" the interior, engine room etc-building a few cupboards, connecting electrickery, testing things etc. Why is it that finishing off takes the longest? You appear to be working hard but achieving little. When you are lining out etc. you achieve a lot in a short time! Anyway we should be on target to finish early 2005 and paint exterior in spring.

Regards

Stan H

Well, they have booked the crane for next tue(19th october) early doors.

hopefully by that weekend, we should be on our way to the mooring.....there are still a few bit to do though, once she is in the water....so im still no wiser as to when we can move on really! its all "hopefully's" and "should be's", from the builders yard.....(slap's head and groans out loud).....

i think i must be on a downer(pre- boatal- depression) but with all the delay's and what have you, i feel its taken the shine off a bit...suppose i'll feel ok once the key's are handed over and we set off.

Hi all

Went down over the w/end and she is in the water and unlike a lot i have been on it does not rock from side to side when you step on to the side, she is sitting about 12 inches up on the finished line at the moment, but has got to come out of the water again as the boatyard have not put the hole for the exhaust in the hull below the water line. put the pick up point in but not the exhaust .

Ive now fitted all the trunking for the eletrics and will put the wiring in next weekend

Wynd Lass

Have a stiff drink and keep your chin up.

When did you last see Black Pearl? Did she look like she was almost ready? What have they said is the reason for the delay?

Can't find a 'sympathy' smilie but if I could, I'd use it.

cheers oliver dudes :rolleyes:

well, they said that they weren't happy with the paint job, so it was to be done again....(fair enough probably) they said they want it to be right.

I have no problem with that, its just that they keep saying right! its off in....then not...

The boat looks 99% done, and baring in mind that once launched, they get another £8K, so I should imagine they are telling the truth....(sometimes)! One thing, we are now in the position of actually being in front re monies owing them now, and not the other way round (once the engine was fitted we were up to date with the money situation).....they have have the main bulk of money for this boat since may!!!!!.(90%)

oh aye, they now say its going in on thursday 21st! (3rd time lucky???), but we wont be able to move it, because the BCC man isn't coming till wednesday the week after, (27th october)

Cutting it fine or what (re closures)?

Once again I have to say, on one hand, they have made a totally fantastic job of this boat....BUT anyone wanting a boat from this company MUST be aware they could be 4 or 5 months late in getting it.

praise beeeeeeeee!!!! it floats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as you can guess..........its now in the water......saw her being craned in, was hellishly windy and showery.....but thats that now, just to wait for the boat safety inspection next wednesday, then i can't see much holding us back......except she is moored on the river at the side of the boatbuilders and its in flood at this time....anyway :rolleyes: who cares! he he eeeee!

:rolleyes:

oliver:-

well it looks like we are away on the 29th yer. unless the river is up, of course. as for getting everything in the boat, we have managed to borrow a trailer from a friend, and luckily there is a road, which leads to a lock house, right next to the canal we shall be going on, where we can load the boat up. our moorings start on the 1st november,(apparently they start from the 1st of every month, for a new mooring-dunno why:)......)

bernie:-

yep, i did feel aprehensive, but the crane operator was-lets say, gentle ,to say the least, (some would call it snail slow) so it wasn't so bad :blink: .

there is still some bits to do on her yet, im hoping they can crack them off quick over the next 5 days, and lets be gone....

thanks to all for your greetings and support over the last few months <_<

now it begins :lol: he he he

:rolleyes:<_<:blink: WE have a handover date - 21 November (2004)

Went up to see the boat today - the paintwork is finished and looks great. Signwriter has done a lovely job. Decided where the 240v sockets are to go. Designed the shelves under the gunwhales in the salon - had to whip down to the local shops to get a CD, DVD & book to work out the dimensions.

Family booking their cruising slots already - only hope that they don't decide that it would be a good idea to have Christmas lunch on board (we've got 17 people on Christmas Day and they are all staying for at least 2 nights)