Something's changed (and for the better!)

Featured Posts

Like many other members I view the forum via "view new content". Since the new software it's been very frustrating that when I pop onto the forum for a brief glimpse at a couple of threads the new content is reset, so next time I go on I can only see threads updated subsequently, even though there's many others I haven't yet had a chance to look at.

I don't know whether it's a tweak or an upgrade but this evening when I logged on and viewed new content it gave me 6 pages of posts since 26th May.

Thank you whoever tweaked or upgraded - that's so much better :cheers:

Like many other members I view the forum via "view new content". Since the new software it's been very frustrating that when I pop onto the forum for a brief glimpse at a couple of threads the new content is reset, so next time I go on I can only see threads updated subsequently, even though there's many others I haven't yet had a chance to look at.

I don't know whether it's a tweak or an upgrade but this evening when I logged on and viewed new content it gave me 6 pages of posts since 26th May.

Thank you whoever tweaked or upgraded - that's so much better :cheers:

oh spooky, i just changed my settings to show 'all unread' instead of 'new since last visit' which does the same thing.

It was only showing updated since last visit before that.

HAve you accidentally changed your settings?

oh spooky, i just changed my settings to show 'all unread' instead of 'new since last visit' which does the same thing.

It was only showing updated since last visit before that.

HAve you accidentally changed your settings?

Ooo tis always possible. I haven't knowingly tweaked my settings today but can't discount the possibility that I've pressed something inadvertently :D

Ooo tis always possible. I haven't knowingly tweaked my settings today but can't discount the possibility that I've pressed something inadvertently :D

I'm pretty sure LW is correct here - it is something the user sets it is not set by the forum software AFAIK.

Something is up with mine today.. No box to click on saying view new content? no FORUM box at the top to click on.. Makes it very hard to view threads.. Don't think i've changed anything but something had changed..even the boxes to click on to post below this message are just tiny little coloured boxes, no writing with them. :blink:

Something is up with mine today.. No box to click on saying view new content? no FORUM box at the top to click on.. Makes it very hard to view threads.. Don't think i've changed anything but something had changed..even the boxes to click on to post below this message are just tiny little coloured boxes, no writing with them. :blink:

Me too - I have e-mailed Daniel but I guess he hasn't had a chance to look at and reply yet.. Glad I am not the only one experiencing issues

Nick

Me too - I have e-mailed Daniel but I guess he hasn't had a chance to look at and reply yet.. Glad I am not the only one experiencing issues

Nick

Definitely not the only one - the forum's gone a bit loopy today! This topic - http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38737&st=0

See Liam's post no 37 - guess we'll have to wait for Dan to get home from work