Lymm Marina Boat Sales

Featured Posts

I've seen dozens of boats leave LMBS, some actually get finished and are the owners pride and joy where the others start in earnest but soon get bored and end up on the market as unfinished projects after a few years.

A fellow moorer went to buy a sailaway from another yard somewhere in Stoke on Trent. He seemed to like the company enough to place an order but then ended up getting shafted money wise. He then went over to speak to Chris at LMBS where it was quite straight forward.

As they actually have boats for sale that are floating and ready to go, instead of sheets of steel piled up in a workshop somewhere, you can pick the one you want, pass your money over and it's basically yours to take away after a few other formalities.

They deal with a couple of different hull builders and have different shapes and sizes with different window layouts etc, some of them don't even have the windows cut yet so you can basically turn it into a custom boat in that respect.

No affiliation to Lymm Marina Boat Sales in any way apart from that I pass it every other week on the run and so can see whats going on.

• 11 months later...

Glad to hear some positive comments about one of my possible choices of boat builders! Myself and my husband are looking at purchasing one of the 'Mike Christian' boats from Lymm and have been searching for comments about said boats. I've seen a few other similar positive comments in related forums on both Lymm (and thier Mike Christian boats). It seems Lymm do good value for money basic sailaways and also these Tyler/Wilson stock hull sailaways. All good in my opinion if you are on a budget! :)

We are thinking of having one done next year once we have more funds. Let me know if you end up going with them and how you find the experience!

Hi there we to are looking into sailawys from lmbs , whent to see Chris couple of weeks ago, really nice bloke and great boats , we had a look round some widebeams and showed us just wot we want and can afford , no connection just hope to be happy customers !

We got our sailaway from LMBS towards the end of last year and they were great no problems what so ever, Chris was very helpful and the lads working on the boats were friendly, We would definately recommend them.

Edited by Teddy Bear

Hi, a friend of mine bought a widebeam from them last year and fitted it out at there yard, he is highly pleased and is now living on it full time, he says they were very helpfull right through the job, and is talking about doing another one next year and intends to use them again.

Just been down there today to talk to Chris about the boats and have a good nosey around the ones in progress. The guys were all very helpful and happy to answer our many questions. They seemed more than happy to show us all the boats they have on site, which was useful. The hulls from Tim Tyler (the Mike Christian' do look very nice and Chris explained that they are just bulk bought non bespoke ones from Tyler Wilson, which is just the job for me and the husband!

We have been to a number of builders now including ColeCraft and called numerous others, but these guys seem very good for a lower-priced company. I will be heading back in the new year with a nice deposit, all being well financially!