YAY her bums wet again, and a sext new paint job too!!

kienik

Featured Posts

Well thats it she is back in the water after a long seven months on the land for blacking, i have uploaded some photos of when i bought her and some during the stages of re painting and re blacking, let me know what you think

026-2.jpg

This one is how she was when i bought her after a nice clean up.

009-3.jpg

this one is when i had finished sanding and she is in half primer

001-3.jpg

This photo is with her second coat of green top coat

015-4.jpg

Blacking done, now to start on the red panel on either side

217310_201258899913957_100000895463554_529781_4193628_n1.jpg

The crane arrives ready for the lift (yeah thats me with the cheesy grin)

206347_201259056580608_100000895463554_529788_3524300_n1.jpg

and she is flying!!!

008-3.jpg

Almost down, will she float!!

207923_201259436580570_100000895463554_529803_663248_n1.jpg

Now to motor to my home mooring, i kept flicking the bilge pump on and off just to check for water, (not a drip)

020-3.jpg

Back where she belongs

002-3.jpg

And this is how she looks today, coachline completed, just need the vinyl stickers to arrive with her name on and the home mooring, really still cant believe how different she looks now.

Edited by kienik

thanks for the replies, i have a friend at our mooring that used to be a aeroplane sprayer, he gave me some good tuition on how to get the right finish, so if anyone wants their boat painting then give me a shout, im really pleased with the results, and have now started to to tart up the inside, i have re carpeted and am in the proces of having the upholstery re - covered then its onto the cutrains.

as others have said, she is a really cute boat and i love her to bits, problem is i have spent soooooo much time on the refurb that i havent used her much for cruising the system, and now that ive just taken over another pub i dont think i will get a great deal of time on the cut this year, i guess it will have to be a weekend here and there.

once again thanks for the comments, she does look amazing now

Nik

thanks for the replies, i have a friend at our mooring that used to be a aeroplane sprayer,

<snip>

Nik

Now I'm really impressed with the finish!

crop-duster-mtopper.jpg

Richard