Skipton Waterways festival

bargemast

Featured Posts

Hello dear everybody, I'm planning on going to the Skipton Waterways Festival, and I would like to know what it will be like.

Are there lots of interesting stands (like old engines etc) to watch, and do you think it's worth a visit having to come a long way to get there ?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Peter.

The Airedale vintage machinery group had a stand last year, with several old engines on display. The L&LC Society will also have their heritage boat, Kennet, there. There are displays on board with information about the canal's history, and you can sit in the boatmen's cabin. It's the only L&LC short boat open to the public. I will be around, but am not sure exactly when as I have offered to cover times when there are fewest volunteers.

Hello dear everybody, I'm planning on going to the Skipton Waterways Festival, and I would like to know what it will be like.

Are there lots of interesting stands (like old engines etc) to watch, and do you think it's worth a visit having to come a long way to get there ?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Peter.

hi what date does it take place

The Airedale vintage machinery group had a stand last year, with several old engines on display. The L&LC Society will also have their heritage boat, Kennet, there. There are displays on board with information about the canal's history, and you can sit in the boatmen's cabin. It's the only L&LC short boat open to the public. I will be around, but am not sure exactly when as I have offered to cover times when there are fewest volunteers.

Thank you very much for the information, I will be there.

Peter.