Historical information

flunkey

Featured Posts

I am very new to this, so please forgive any inaccuracies. My husband and I have recently purchased the historic narrowboat, Crane. I am trying to compile as accurate a history record of her as possible. Whilst I have most of the more well-known details, it's the smaller ones that are missing. Can anyone help me with snippets of information/facts/ possible contacts/previous owners? I would be most grateful. Many thanks.

My experience, having bought Chertsey in July 2009, is that information trickles in in dribs and drabs from various and often unexpected sources. We have at least twice been hailed while travelling about by people who have known the boat and are more than happy to talk about it. Presumably you've already joined HNBOC? (I see that the owners as of January this year were members - that might be you) Their meetings provide a good forum for mixing with people who might have known the boat over the years. As might this forum of course...

Welcome to the Forum. One of the best ways of finding out about the history of your boat would be to bring it to the Braunston Historic Boat show. You'll meet all sorts of people including former working boatmen and their families who will be able to give you all sorts of leads.

Edited by koukouvagia