Firefox 4

Featured Posts

Seems pretty stable and fast - pages seem to load very very quickly.

Different interface/look.

Impressed so far...

Likewise, I'm impressed with Firefox 4. Firefox is my browser of choice.

It is worth noting that Internet Explorer 9 is now available and it it is worthwhile, from a security point of view, updating even if, like me, you rarely use it.

One great negative, however, is that IE 9 is only available for Vista and Windows 7 ie users of XP are left out. Another good reason to use Firefox! :rolleyes:

Stewey

Seems pretty stable and fast - pages seem to load very very quickly.

Different interface/look.

Impressed so far...

We have been using Firefox for years and ugraded to Firefox4 as soon as it came out. It has always worked fine for us. We did have a compatabilty problem with eBay with the previous version but it was sorted out within a couple of days.

we do have IE as well but never use it, and I do not like it's appearance at all.

Edited by David Schweizer

Been using Google chrome for yonks now but then all of a sudden it started falling out with Shockwave and flash and wouldn't play videos.

Not a big fan of the interface on IE so downloaded FF 3 as a stop gap and on getting invited to upgrade to version 4 I did and as I say very happy....

That's interesting stuff.

I have IE on my PC but use Firefox. My PC uses Windows XP. I use Firefox on my lappy too and it has Windows 7.

I much prefer the look of Firefox and I do find it better than IE.

How do I find out what version of Firefox I have on both my pooters? All I do is accept the upgrades it does automatically time to time so I have a feeling I'm on Firefox three point something

How do I find out what version of Firefox I have on both my pooters? All I do is accept the upgrades it does automatically time to time so I have a feeling I'm on Firefox three point something

Click: Help

then click:

About Firefox

Stewey

Having just upgraded FF to 3.6.16 I looked at 4 but decided against it as it said that, at the moment, it wasn't compatible with a couple of my add-ons including one related to my Kaspersky. The message did say that they would be working on the incompatibility.

Roger

Been using Google chrome for yonks now but then all of a sudden it started falling out with Shockwave and flash and wouldn't play videos.

Not a big fan of the interface on IE so downloaded FF 3 as a stop gap and on getting invited to upgrade to version 4 I did and as I say very happy....

Tried it and decided it's a pile of junk at the moment. Had that same problem with Chrome that you had MJG and I have exactly the same problem with FF4 so I shall be staying with IE8 till they sort it out. If I try to play a You Tube video on either Chrome or FF4 it says I need to upgrade my Flash to the latest version, (It is the latest version in fact I did an automatic upgrade for flash tonight.) If I use IE8 it works fine.

Cheers

Pete

I updated to FF4 today. All add-ons are working fine (some much better). Initial impression is it is noticeably faster in all respects. .......... but that is just my own experience and others will probably have different results depending on their own software and set-up.

We have been using Firefox for years and ugraded to Firefox4 as soon as it came out. It has always worked fine for us. We did have a compatabilty problem with eBay with the previous version but it was sorted out within a couple of days.

we do have IE as well but never use it, and I do not like it's appearance at all.

OOPS! Just checked, and we are still on Firefox 3.6, so please ignore my comments.