Jabsco Pumps

philsimo

Featured Posts

Hi All,

i need to buy a water pump shortly and was having a look at the Jabsco Par-Max 3 pumps, i notice there are two types. Most of the specs. are the same, even the price,the only difference being the pressure, one cuts in at 15psi and out at 25psi and the other cuts in at 20psi and out at 40psi.

Can anyone tell me why? and more importantly which should i go for, i have a 65`reverse layout with the usual number of outlets.

Thanks Phil

My link

Edited by philsimo

I have a Par Max 4 with the low pressure setting - cut in 10psi cut out 25 psi which works very well - good shower pressure and able to feed the washing machine and the kitchen sink at the same time.

I wonder if the higher pressure model would be able to maintain the pressure with a large flow rate. They use the same pump with a different pressure switch. I think the higher pressure is intended for something like a washer-spray that needs a high pressure. Also I think you can buy the switches as spare parts. I found Cleghorn Waring very helpful in the past.

As far as I know the Par Max 3 has a lower volume throughput.

Hi All,

i need to buy a water pump shortly and was having a look at the Jabsco Par-Max 3 pumps, i notice there are two types. Most of the specs. are the same, even the price,the only difference being the pressure, one cuts in at 15psi and out at 25psi and the other cuts in at 20psi and out at 40psi.

Can anyone tell me why? and more importantly which should i go for, i have a 65`reverse layout with the usual number of outlets.

Thanks Phil

My link

Dont forget that the pressure relief valve on the calorifier will be set at about 30psi and it will blow off above this.

Alex

Dont forget that the pressure relief valve on the calorifier will be set at about 30psi and it will blow off above this.

Alex

I thought they were usually closer to 45, i.e 3 bar.

I suspect this high/low pressure business may explain why our old Jabsco happily serviced our plumbing while the new one cycles...